L200 rear window

Guest pitstop-tints

Guest pitstop-tints

Hi folks not been tinting for that long and have a L200 warrior to tint on saturday. The rear window has a rubber seal and was juat wondering how easy are they to take out and how do I get it back in without the film lifting when I put it back into the rubbers.Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Guest shadowline

I dont bother to take them out, cut them tight on the outside and install on the inside if you have to leave a small gap to get the solution out I do it at the bottom edge, this isnt seen from the outside and works well! If you want to remove then fine but I didnt need too, hope that helps!

Guest walestint
Hi folks not been tinting for that long and have a L200 warrior to tint on saturday. The rear window has a rubber seal and was juat wondering how easy are they to take out and how do I get it back in without the film lifting when I put it back into the rubbers.Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

they are easy to take out replace when you know how, you get a better finish, if unsure you could maybe get your local autoglass guy down to take it out/put back in so you can see how its done (that is can he pop back later in the day), but not to pay over the odds for him to do it of course :dunno

make sure edges are dry before putting seal back on, once seal is on you are fine, dont be tempted to use a tool on last bit of seal going in as it can slip and nick tint :piss take out and start again

:dunno

They are easy to take out/refit but can be done in situ. I used to take push them out and rope back in, but leave them in now and get just as good finish (well nearly)...

Guest pitstop-tints

Cheers

thanks alot for the advice .I t would be less hassle if I just leave the window in I think.

Archived