Is it me..

I agree 100% that its pretty lame...atleast keep all the sides and rears legal and do a 70% on the front shield, but not blacked out IMO

I have 50 on my windshield 35 on the front doors 20 on the back doors and 5 on the back window, and its all lettered up in white and lime green. it definately "stands out", and I've been pulled over a couple times since its techincally illegal, but I have an endorsement so its legal for me. Only once has the cop still given me a hard time, saying I'm making myself a target to be pulled over, and I was like well then keep pulling me over, because as you can see its perfectly legal for me to have my car tinted like this. he wasn't too happy :rock

How is having the entire w/shield tinted legal in your state since its against federal law ???

medical exemption

Is mental retardation a medical exemption??? :lol

Guest scottydosnntkno
I agree 100% that its pretty lame...atleast keep all the sides and rears legal and do a 70% on the front shield, but not blacked out IMO

I have 50 on my windshield 35 on the front doors 20 on the back doors and 5 on the back window, and its all lettered up in white and lime green. it definately "stands out", and I've been pulled over a couple times since its techincally illegal, but I have an endorsement so its legal for me. Only once has the cop still given me a hard time, saying I'm making myself a target to be pulled over, and I was like well then keep pulling me over, because as you can see its perfectly legal for me to have my car tinted like this. he wasn't too happy :spit

Endorsment.........Bullchit!!! Any tint on a windshiled that reduces vlt also reduces visibility. It can be justified anyway you want, but it is foolish and a black eye for our industry. Especially on your onw vehicle. If ya have a problem with your eyes, wear sunglasse or prescription. My opinion is still......Justify all ya want, until ya have to use the excuse "I couldnt see the kid I killed"....... :lol

there is a REASON that they have MEDICAL exemptions. for MEDICAL reasons.

I have extremely cone shaped corneas, making them sensitive to light so it gives me headaches to drive with all the bright light. Even with my tint I still drive with dark sunglasses on, because it makes it more comfortable.

you can say that it reduces visibilty all you want, but until you drive and get used to a car with 50 on the windshield then you can't talk. most people who ride in the car don't even notice until I mention it. its no different than putting 35/20 on the d/p, and then you back over someone in a parking lot. That reduces your visibility a LOT more than 50 on the windshield does. At nighttime you can't even tell its tinted, and it definately doesn't block enough light to make a person blend in with the darkness. If you had 20 or 35 on the windshiled then its a whole different story, but we all know how light 50 is, and especially any film above 50.

agree or disagree, I really don't care. I have a LEGAL medical exemption for it

...or is it just really stupid to be driving around in a truck/car all stickered up with your tint company and have totally illegal tint on it? Im talking blacked out windows and fully tinted windshield. I would imagine that when getting pulled over they would have a field day on your ass. I understand you want to advertise your business, but showing that you do illegal work and drive it on a daily basis? I dunno.. I think it would bring your company a lot of negative attention from people that could make your life miserable. Maybe its just me but I just dont get it. Im kind of curious how they get away with it to be honest. Ive had my balls broken over having 50% on my car. Maybe its luck? Or family is "on the job"? lol

:spit

r u talkin bout the coffe truck that has "the tint shop"all over it? or eddy's pathfinder,"dr tint"?

the law isnt enforced in NY .you can easily talk ur way out of it or show a PBA card.this law is a JOKE!!!!!!!!

r u talkin bout the coffe truck that has "the tint shop"all over it? or eddy's pathfinder,"dr tint"?

the law isnt enforced in NY .you can easily talk ur way out of it or show a PBA card.this law is a JOKE!!!!!!!!

LoL. I have seen the Dr Tint Pathfinder. That one gets me all the time. I have PBA's since I have family/friends on the job. But the township cops where I live dont give a rats ass who you are/know. I guess its not a big deal in most of NY then. I just remember hearing stories on here about a guy getting a summons because he got stopped in his work truck that had his stuff on it. I was just curious how the hell they get away with it. Oh well.. time to "murder out" my car... :dunno:dunno

My mobile vehicle is my silver Evo and there's nothing about my biz on it. It's tinted with 5% on the rear 5 and 55% up front with a double limo visor. It's a looker of a car but I don't get hassled at all. Not even a license plate frame denotes my tint business. And that's the way I like it. Besides everyone knows the 'tint lady who drives the wicked Evo'! It's kinda my 'calling card'!

Guest scottydosnntkno
Lupus and light sensitivity :dunno LOOK IT UP AND READ ABOUHT IT.

beer.gif there are numerous conditions that are light sensitive. Just like I do a lot of skin cancer referalls through my dermatologist :nope

Lupus and light sensitivity :nope LOOK IT UP AND READ ABOUHT IT.

:nope there are numerous conditions that are light sensitive. Just like I do a lot of skin cancer referalls through my dermatologist :dunno

That’s a good place to get referrals. Plus you are then offering a service to people that they would otherwise not know about the benefits that the film will offer them. :dunno

Guest scottydosnntkno
Lupus and light sensitivity :dunno LOOK IT UP AND READ ABOUHT IT.

:nope there are numerous conditions that are light sensitive. Just like I do a lot of skin cancer referalls through my dermatologist :dunno

That’s a good place to get referrals. Plus you are then offering a service to people that they would otherwise not know about the benefits that the film will offer them. :nope

exactly :dunno most people don't even realize that tint does things other than "make the windows dark", and don't realize they can tint their whole car legally and not have to be all bundled up year round when driving.

Archived