2001 325i

Guest smytheee

Guest smytheee

hi there.

I found a reputable tinting business (they were recommended by my dealership) here in sacramento, ca.

the issue is this:

I want to get 5 windows tinted (back, 2 back passengers and 2 fronts). they use a CPFilms charcoal tint. my previous bmw they did a "classic 20" tint on my back 3 windows (99% uv protection, 37% heat rejection, and 74% glare reduction); and they did a CPFilm UV tint on the front 2 (84% visible light transmitted, 14% solar energy rejection, and 9% visible light reflection). I wasn't completely happy with this...although the back was acceptable I guess.

I wanted all my windows the same dark tint. they told me something about how with the front 2, it's illegal to have darker tint. is this true? I heard a "rumor" where certain cars (I guess luxury cars? I don't know but bmw was included on the list) are able to have darker tint than other cars because some of them come out of the factory like that. it sounds kind of elitist but I don't know, it might be true.

any suggestions? thank you in advance!!

It's illegal to have the 2 front doors tinted there...even if it's a BMW that you drive. In fact...a close friend of mine who had me tint her car (now lives in the San Fran area) just got pulled over for the front 2 windows on her car yesterday. She called me wondering what she should do. I said..."Take the tint off the windows or you're going to get pulled over again!!!!!!" :booga Yeah it sucks but that's the way it is.

Guest Litespeeds

If you have a medical prescription letter from a skin or eye doctor, you can legally have up to 35% on the 2 front doors but you are not suppose to operate that vehicle at night.

I have V-Kool 70% on my 2 front doors to reduce a very high amount of heat without having the look of tint. It is very expensive but to me, it is worth every dollar because you are reducing heat, reducing UV, maintaining optical clarity and view and it is very hard for the police to tell there is film on your car.

I actually do the window tinting for BMW of San Francisco so if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Good luck.

Archived