Waterbourn systems

Guest tint51

No water born is the newest paint system available now. The base coat is waterbased and is dried with air rater then heat. Everything else is still urethane (primer, sealer, clear). The biggest foot print left from paint is the color coat, that is why its water based now.

As far as who has it, just about everyone has a line now. We use Akzo Nobel (Sikkens) at the shop I work at.

No water born is the newest paint system available now. The base coat is waterbased and is dried with air rater then heat. Everything else is still urethane (primer, sealer, clear). The biggest foot print left from paint is the color coat, that is why its water based now.

As far as who has it, just about everyone has a line now. We use Akzo Nobel (Sikkens) at the shop I work at.

Thanks,

at least someone knows what the tech is.. I also heard it is not very good for spot repairs which sucks..

:twocents

I think this is the biggest EPA BS there is.. :? they just want their fingrs in everything.. They change only the base cost and everything else is still the same...

:spit

Yeah it is a bunch of bs and red tape. Hope they are right about what they say it will do and not end up the the old Chevy's and Fords that peeled like crazy in the 80's when the water wouldn't stick to the primer. Only time will tell.

Archived