09 fusion

DJ, posting pictures of ILLEGAL tint is NOT acceptable here...PERIOD. You are foolish to have done that at 20%. You will be held liable if he is in an accident and they can link you to it in any way shape or form!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
DJ, posting pictures of ILLEGAL tint is NOT acceptable here...PERIOD. You are foolish to have done that at 20%. You will be held liable if he is in an accident and they can link you to it in any way shape or form!

:gasp 50% is considered acceptable(from what I can tell) when it needs to be done. 20% on anything other than a show/commercial car is STUPID. Plain and simple.

Have YOU been in the car and driven it at night? It may appear that you can see just fine, but drive down a subdivision without streetlights, then roll down one of the side windows and look out. See how much different it is? Thats how little you can see through 20% on a windshield at night. During the day its not that noticeable, true, but at night it is a whole nother story.

Guest scottydosnntkno
first off.everyones eyes are different.out of his shield u can see perfectly at night even with his regular lights.theres no need to even have hids but he is getting them to be safe.at least snappy knows the truth.how many of u do legal work only.exactly.if u dont like what I posted then dont comment on it.we seem to like it no matter what u think.and whoever pays u to do a 50% shield is a dbag.thats next to nothing.if u wear ur sunglass during the day while u drive u have no room to talk because sunglasses are like his shield

and I'm sure hes just going to put his HID's into the factory housings, which is also ILLEGAL in every state. If hes putting 20% on his whole windshield, I highly doubt hes going to drop $300 on a projector retrofit

Guest thatsnappyguy

posting illegal work here is acceptable because its done all the time by just about everyone, but tinting anyones windshield is very dangerous and shouldnt be advertised.

Guest scottydosnntkno
posting illegal work here is acceptable because its done all the time by just about everyone, but tinting anyones windshield is very dangerous and shouldnt be advertised.

:gasp I'm sure everyone on here has put 20% on some doors from time to time, but I personally never install darker than 5% on anything forward of the b-pillar(except those little windows on prius', black cars get 5%)

however, posting a tinted windshield in general, especially one with 20% is just stupid. Theres a 200% chance that it would be noticed in a crash, and even if its not his fault, he is still going to be held liable since it could be argued that he pulled out in front of someone and got rearended(not his fault) but it became his fault since he couldn't see the car coming

Guest thatsnappyguy
first off.everyones eyes are different.out of his shield u can see perfectly at night even with his regular lights.theres no need to even have hids but he is getting them to be safe.at least snappy knows the truth.how many of u do legal work only.exactly.if u dont like what I posted then dont comment on it.we seem to like it no matter what u think.and whoever pays u to do a 50% shield is a dbag.thats next to nothing.if u wear ur sunglass during the day while u drive u have no room to talk because sunglasses are like his shield

and I'm sure hes just going to put his HID's into the factory housings, which is also ILLEGAL in every state. If hes putting 20% on his whole windshield, I highly doubt hes going to drop $300 on a projector retrofit

I never heard that the hids were illegal in factory housing. just about everything is illegal technically, but its not really enforced here unless you have the barney purple ebay lights, the realllllly blue lights. I have 10k's in factory housing. I dont like the way projectors look.

I would have to disagree Chris

This is thelargest audience of tint consumers on the planet. Posting Pix of !llegal installs or advertising $99 tint jobs hurts the guys who are in this for the long term whose standards wont allow ghetto dark papa on the menu, and who command a respectable price for their work. It comes down to the integrity of the industry as a whole. This is what seperates a pro tint company from a dood who will sling whatever cheap limo tint for the cheapest price around. That kind of short term business plan destroyed many markets.

This is especially true for film reps..... dont show up at a shop with your windshield tinted and double 5 all around

degrade the industry now and starve later

there will always be crackheads that will sling limo for dirt cheap

....the real question is

will there be any professionals with integrety and customer service left after the market gives way to !llegal cheap installers

my 2 1/2 cents

Guest scottydosnntkno

I never heard that the hids were illegal in factory housing. just about everything is illegal technically, but its not really enforced here unless you have the barney purple ebay lights, the realllllly blue lights. I have 10k's in factory housing. I dont like the way projectors look.

I'm 99% sure its illegal most anyplace to use HID setups in factory housings because of the different filament placement causing excess light splatter, blinding other drivers. if you do a search on google im sure you could find a lot of info about it. But like anything, the amount of splatter depends on the bulb type and headlight setup.

I think projectors look a lot better on the road, since all the light is aimed down, none is wasted up in the air.

Archived