Eraser wheel

Guest h0wld0g

I use an eraser wheel for removing old ppf and it works great. I usually try to do a decent sized section at a time then let it cool and pull the melted stuff off. Then I use acetone which takes the eraser wheel residue right off

I'm not sure what you are taking PPF off of, but you should NEVER use and eraser wheel on a poly bumber. It will eat thru that stuff so fast it isn't funny. Also you should never use the wheel on white paint. It tends to yellow the clear coat. And it showsup pretty well on white. :lol

Yea Ive seen it cut thru bumpers and side mirrors. Any type of adhesive remover will take the rest of the glue and residue off. It always leaves that behind. I use them almost every day. Avery has a citrus based remover that works great, its 40 bucks a gallon though. Thats what I use.

Guest lonewolf1969
I've been through lots of $ on Eraser wheels and my shop now uses, pretty much exclusively, wallpaper steamers from Home Depot. They are cheaper than a single wheel, last years, and do a great job of releasing the vinyl without damaging paint. They leave the adhesive behind but a steamer plus adhesive remover is still cheaper and faster than a wheel on a fully striped 40 ft motor home.

have you used this method before on a passenger vehicle without damaging the finish?

Archived