Eraser wheel

Guest h0wld0g

Guest h0wld0g

I used an eraser wheel on an enclosed trailer to get off old glue from a prior vinyl job... does anyone have any clue how to get off what seems to be the scuff from the eraser wheel?? I tried wax, scuff pad and alcohol, rubbing compound, and just rubbin it with a plain dry towel.... the dry towel gets it off but takes a ton of work... the rubbing compound works but who wants to rubbin compound and wax an entire 14 foot by 8 tall trailer.... gotta be an easier way

Guest h0wld0g

trust me on this when you hit shiny metal all the glue is gone haha or if your eraser wheel is turning red from the paint... it almost seems as if it ha mainly rubbed the glue down so fine into the paint and its a thin thin coat of glue or somethin I dunno

Guest scottydosnntkno

I think compound is your only option. But if you already have a rotary for the wheel, then it won't be that bad(assuming of course, you know how to use it)

The old glue and just the constant rubbing probably scratched into the trailer paint, which doesn't have a whole lot of clear to begin with

Guest tintguy31707

We have eraser wheel's here that my co workers use. I personally do not like to use power tools on anything.

They have messed up a lot of paint with their eraser wheels.

I have messed up zero paint using a heat gun and a lil chizler.

Time frame is about the same.

(sidenote the only thing I have to use an eraser wheel on are reflective decals as they have a "permanent adhesive"

Biggest tip I can give you is to heat up the decal about as much as you would tint to push a tunnel out and then use the lil chizler to lift the edge and then pull it right off.....

THEN go back with some adhesive remover. I have some great stuff here I get from the paint supply store, its $60 for a spray bottle but you spray it and leave it for 15 seconds and then come back and wipe it off with a gold hard card (or similar tool) then do it again and use the nylon scrubby pad (which I have never had scratch paint) (be safe and do not apply too much pressure) then wipe clean with alcohol because you don't want to let that stuff sit on the paint for more than 45 seconds (personal opinion)... of course the jug says its completely safe lol.

Guest outlawkustomz

I've been through lots of $ on Eraser wheels and my shop now uses, pretty much exclusively, wallpaper steamers from Home Depot. They are cheaper than a single wheel, last years, and do a great job of releasing the vinyl without damaging paint. They leave the adhesive behind but a steamer plus adhesive remover is still cheaper and faster than a wheel on a fully striped 40 ft motor home.

Guest extreme_colors

I use an eraser wheel for removing old ppf and it works great. I usually try to do a decent sized section at a time then let it cool and pull the melted stuff off. Then I use acetone which takes the eraser wheel residue right off

Archived