The Worst I have ever seen!

Guest djtekk707

Guest djtekk707

Hey wats up guys/gals so I get a call from one of my project car buddys, he says he just bought another but has really Bad Puple on the back window so I say bring it in ill take car of it. I Open my shop door and in come this.... :evilgrin

Has to be the worst yet!

602c5686.jpg

1hr later...Jiffy Steamer has to be one of the best investment I ever made :krazy

5c197763.jpg

Even had a little fun with this one

e05611d1.jpg

Guest Darknesswithin

I get alot of those around here, if it wasn't wrong to do so I would show a picture of the reciept that my customer's presents to me when I ask them if they know what film it is.

Most of the time the biggest reason why I get these instead of them going back to the original shop for replacement is simply because they have closed down and where only fly by night shops anyway, second reason for Not going back to the original shop is because they did NOT recieve proper warranty/reciept paper to begin with and the original shop "owner" denies responsibility because of that loop hole! (if a customer does not have the proper paper work NO film manufacture will warranty bad film at all) <<< a growing problem in the window tinting business everywhere! :krazy

using the steamer definitely helps on removal,,, only problem is the steamer method won't work on a few films out there and those will reguire bagging and chemical treatment which not only sucks but it's time consuming..

nice job on removal and replacement! :evilgrin oh yeah what did you use on the tails??

Guest djtekk707

Honestly I have yet 2 come by any purple film that doesn't come off with my steamer. Lucky so far I guess, the tail lights I used Oracal, finished both in under 30 minutes, last week I peeled off some pre-cuts from ebay off an 08 mustang they sent the guy two different shades :jacked

Guest Darknesswithin
Honestly I have yet 2 come by any purple film that doesn't come off with my steamer. Lucky so far I guess, the tail lights I used Oracal, finished both in under 30 minutes, last week I peeled off some pre-cuts from ebay off an 08 mustang they sent the guy two different shades :inot

steamer works very well on removing failed film except on Sungard and Johnson,,,

most others it's just fine and helpful..

I use the Oracal vinyl for tails as well only I don't buy the pre-cuts,, I buy in big rolls and use it raw, :jacked

so far I haven't found a tail light that I can't wrap! I have lots of pic's but I didn't want to envade your thread :DD

great job on yours

Archived