moving glass

How do you guys handle glass that moves from left to right while going up and down?, I did an avensis estate in dark smoke today and the edges were so tight to trim.

When I got the tint in the glass it looked great but as it goes down it moves so much that you can see almost a millimeter of light.

I have been told to trim the rubber if you need more room to get tint to edge of the glass, but dont like taking a knife to anybody's car.

I did it in the end but it was so tight I had to use my credit card to force the tint in to the gap lol.

Guest tint325i

I take the glass out of most jap cars, they come out so easy I dont see the point on messing about with lightgaps etc, they're all the same 2x 10mm bolts and glass lifts right out, take it out and tint right to the edge, factory look everytime, you have to remember- every car is an advert

honda civics are the worst for glass movement, next time you get one in open the front windows halfway and grab the glass, you'll be shocked how much they move back and forward, whereas bmw, vw etc dont move at all, why is that???? I actually point the movement out to people when they drop the car off now as twice ive had people come back saying I had broke their windows, funny how people check the car after the tintjob but not before

Guest tint325i

put a piece of tape on the top of the glass next to the seal, then put window up and down and watch if tape stays level with the rubber or not, if seals are tight sometimes running a hardcard up and down them a few times before you start tinting can loosen them up a bit, depends on the car really tho, even 2 hardcards together on some if you can get them in

Guest Diamond Tints
I take the glass out of most jap cars, they come out so easy I dont see the point on messing about with lightgaps etc, they're all the same 2x 10mm bolts and glass lifts right out, take it out and tint right to the edge, factory look everytime, you have to remember- every car is an advert

honda civics are the worst for glass movement, next time you get one in open the front windows halfway and grab the glass, you'll be shocked how much they move back and forward, whereas bmw, vw etc dont move at all, why is that???? I actually point the movement out to people when they drop the car off now as twice ive had people come back saying I had broke their windows, funny how people check the car after the tintjob but not before

What the man said :thumb

Hmmm, I did take the panels off the doors, maybe I could gave took glass out I suppose, Its just ive took glass out before and when I put it back in I was all ways catchin the tint lol.

One thing I didnt do was check the glass first, ( too busy revelling in my mastery of the soap method on the rear lol).

Guest tint325i

seriously I only take them out because they come out so easy, theres no real need to remove them but it just guarantees a lightgap and contamination free install first time, no messing about,, 2x 10mm bolts adds about 20seconds to total time for window

Archived