Color Matching Film

:cool Hey just an Idea for all you film manufacturers and distributors you wanna be the next big thing? have all your developers come out with a line of car manufactored films like a Toyota Smoke, Chevy Smoke, Mercedes Smoke. that way us tinters can order film based on the type of cars we work on and can stop worrying if our two front tints are gonna match worth a C*^% to the dealers privacy glass. and we wont have to shop around every tint company. or post for help on T/D for a two front tint color match. :dunno Hey Just an Idea!!

Guest thatsnappyguy

most customers dont have the eye like we do to notice the slight difference. just get a smoked 20% and roll with it...but if you were to ask me what brands match closer to different vehicles...I would say that global qdp 20 matches most very well...nissan xtera/pathfinder, frontier I find qdp 30 is closer. sungard shadow 20 matches very well to chevy rear glass. but like I said, theres really no use going through it all since they dont have the tinters eye and will rarely see a differnce.

The factory tint must be darker where you guys are than it is here. Almost every factory tint around here meters between 21% - 27%, depending on make. 20% installed is darker than the factory tint, and IMHO, looks stupid being darker than the rest of the vehicle. QDP30 matches most everything here, with a few exceptions. Just my .02

Biggest problem is that you will never get the solar green out of the glass and most privacy glass doesn't have a hint of green in it so it's impossible to get a great match. Try telling that to the customer right. I'm not sure what you carry, but I have found 15 ADC advantage matched great to domestic vehicles, ATR 20, ADN 21, and 20 True Black seem to match well with Japanese privacy that looks a little more blue/purple. Like I said though, as long as vehicles are going to get solar green glass, matching will always be just getting close.

The factory tint must be darker where you guys are than it is here. Almost every factory tint around here meters between 21% - 27%, depending on make. 20% installed is darker than the factory tint, and IMHO, looks stupid being darker than the rest of the vehicle. QDP30 matches most everything here, with a few exceptions. Just my .02

My experience is that with the windshield untinted, the fronts always "look" lighter. That is why I use a 15 to match up to the fronts. That and the more color in the film seems to help drown out the green from the solar tinted glass.

Yeah I agree about the greenish factory tint on the fronts and that darker films help with evening the shades of the rear factory privacy but on chevys Suntek 20 and or 30 match thier factory privacy color pretty good but on the new Mercedes ML and Gl that film just looks bad I was just wondering if people that are working on Mercedes have a film thier happy with, that matches that particular model better. thanks for your input.

Guest scottydosnntkno

My experience is that with the windshield untinted, the fronts always "look" lighter. That is why I use a 15 to match up to the fronts. That and the more color in the film seems to help drown out the green from the solar tinted glass.

:spit even putting QDP20 on the fronts looks a lot lighter than the factory tint does.

QDP20 is probably the best matching film out of all the ones I've tired

Archived