Shrinking rear window

Guest covert tints

Guest tint325i

if its an older one you'll get fingering at the sides while the film is lying there, as td says the trick is to move them manually while shrinking, very difficult to get them to stay vertical by themselves

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest covert tints

Yeah I heat the top and bottom fine but the sides I tried 6 times to get them done but I cant seem to get them down flat to the window tried moving them up to make a top finger and the same et the bottom

Guest shadowline
Mine car and I am in dorset thinking of paintint it with hammerite if all else failes

faster and easier to paint it with Hammerite, thats what I do if I get a tricky rear screen, hammerite paint and tell the customer its limo black...sorted :dunno

Guest walestint
Mine car and I am in dorset thinking of paintint it with hammerite if all else failes

faster and easier to paint it with Hammerite, thats what I do if I get a tricky rear screen, hammerite paint and tell the customer its limo black...sorted :dunno

You'd be better off painting the tint first with hammerite then tinting it

:lol:thumb

faster and easier to paint it with Hammerite, thats what I do if I get a tricky rear screen, hammerite paint and tell the customer its limo black...sorted :lol

You'd be better off painting the tint first with hammerite then tinting it

JUST TKE IT TO A PRO TINTER SAVE YOURSELF TIME AN MONEY :dunno

Guest shadowline
Hi I just got some film from sun tek and bonwyke the problem is when I try do the rear window I cut it fine but I get lots of fingers up the side of the window I tried H to get them down but the sides just lift up and dont stick to the window I use johnsons solution and water for the H pateren I have also tried horizontaly across and same thing any tips would be great

So you got some film from Bonwyke....now they dont sell part rolls, so have you used 100 feet.........or blagged a free sample part roll then???? If so ring up SunTek number above a blag another free sample to finish off with.........jobs a goodun!

Just re read your 1st post........so you got a sample from SunTek and Bonwyke............try Dartz next better film to heat shrink, you will lay the A6 down like butter with Dartz film

Guest covert tints

Free samples from both to try out not full rolls but anough to do 2/3 car. I had a look at dartz filmz film but the website is a complicated for us dorset folk

Archived