what blades...

Guest teamfutaba

Guest teamfutaba
I use the same blade for tint and vinyl never have any issues. I just use the Roland blades only replaced it once so far, I have my plotter fine tuned though.

then I must be missing something.

when I set the plotter up for cutting PPF or VINYL I use the same blade, only different conditions. the difference is the cutting force. when I try to cut w/f, the test cut will be fine, with the cutter only cutting deep enough to cut the film and not the liner. when I try a real cut like doors it bunches up, cut all the way through the film then jams. will static cause this.. ive lowered the blade holder to the point that only a pubic of blade is showing with the same results. I need a professional lesson.

I use the same blade for tint and vinyl never have any issues. I just use the Roland blades only replaced it once so far, I have my plotter fine tuned though.

when I set the plotter up for cutting PPF or VINYL I use the same blade, only different conditions. the difference is the cutting force. when I try to cut w/f, the test cut will be fine, with the cutter only cutting deep enough to cut the film and not the liner. when I try a real cut like doors it bunches up, cut all the way through the film then jams. will static cause this.. ive lowered the blade holder to the point that only a pubic of blade is showing with the same results. I need a professional lesson.

That was happening to me at first also, I just had to mess with the blade holder until I got it right. What speed are you cutting at? I'm at 20cm and 120df with 0 pin force, with a 30deg blade. If I have to cut something with detail I will change the blade to a 45, just a tip get two to three blade holders. I can only tell you how my plotter is working be it a Roland and not Graphtec.

Guest scottydosnntkno

That was happening to me at first also, I just had to mess with the blade holder until I got it right. What speed are you cutting at? I'm at 20cm and 120df with 0 pin force, with a 30deg blade. If I have to cut something with detail I will change the blade to a 45, just a tip get two to three blade holders. I can only tell you how my plotter is working be it a Roland and not Graphtec.

well the fact that your using a 30 degree blade will help, since a 30 degree blade is made for tint. He's trying to use a 45 tint, which obviously as you've said won't work except for small detail stuff(such as a test cut)

you can always cut up with a blade(ie 30 from tint-vinyl, 45 from vinyl-ppf) just by increasing the force, but it doesn't work the other way, going down

Guest scottydosnntkno
when I cut, im only supposed to cut through the film and not the liner, correct.

yes. otherwise, it won't track through the plotter, since the film isn't there anymore

Guest teamfutaba
when I cut, im only supposed to cut through the film and not the liner, correct.

yes. otherwise, it won't track through the plotter, since the film isn't there anymore

I got the blades from the place you posted about today. the 30deg blade with about 1/2 the cutting edge exposed and the force set at 11 is the secrete. cut only the film and bruised the liner. all is good, thanks scotty.

Archived