Lincoln MKZ or Ford Fusion window scratches

slowtint

Had a custy with a Lincoln MKZ call a little bit ago with a scratch in her tint, on the drivers window running straight up and down like it was from something in the door. Anyone had a trouble with anything like this on these cars?

Guest scottydosnntkno
Had a custy with a Lincoln MKZ call a little bit ago with a scratch in her tint, on the drivers window running straight up and down like it was from something in the door. Anyone had a trouble with anything like this on these cars?

I've never had any problems, and have done a ton of them. Probably some dirt go caught in the rubbers

I just had one come back a few weeks ago about a month after I tinted it on the passenger front door on a Lincoln MKZ long vertical scratch :rollin

Guest fredstinting

it sounds like the customer had alot of sand in the gasket around the door pannel I had a ford escap that had so much sand in the door everytime they rolled the window down while cleaning more sand pop up and the first time they rolled the window down after I tinted it every door window had been scratched multi time could not see out of the film so bad

I had to replace all the film on the doors and they had to take the doorpanels off so we can clean the doors even better than normal

I just had one come back a few weeks ago about a month after I tinted it on the passenger front door on a Lincoln MKZ long vertical scratch :twocents

This is exactly how she described it. did you just retint the window and send it down the road? I don't really think it's anything in the belt molding as this car was immaculate and I pulled them anyway. I guess if nothing else I will just pull the panel and see what I can find.

Guest davismadison

Was reading your boards about Fusions and noticed this, thought I would enlighten you all just a bit,, it is cleared up by TSB 08-11-8, I had my windows tinted and had a dealer space them door panels out before having it tinted.

FORD: 2006-2008 Fusion

LINCOLN: 2006 Zephyr

2007-2008 MKZ

MERCURY: 2006-2008 Milan

This article supersedes TSB 07-12-10 to update the vehicle model years.

ISSUE:

Some 2006-2008 Fusion, Milan, 2006 Zephyr and 2007-2008 MKZ vehicles may exhibit slow door glass movement, vertical door glass scratches, or window regulator noises on the driver and passenger front doors. This may be due to the door opening dimension between the inner and outer door panels being too tight.

ACTION:

Refer to the Service Procedure to correct the condition.

Archived