I have to install 11 pieces of 8 mil thursday the film just arrived and is on a 72 inch roll. I have a 60 in film handler...I am going to cut my pieces out of the box. I will have to trim them on the glass.... im just planing to trim two sides....what should I use to get a nice straight edge and keep the blade from walking....and would a big olfa knife be better that the standard one for cutting thru ....it doesn not require any attachments

run your finger in front of the blade to keep film in place, use red dot and only have one point on your blade extended. :popcorn

white card or chizzler works as good if not better than your finger..its what ever you feel comfortable using? I all agree on the red dot...cutting out of the box if need be I use a olfa or red dot instead of unger blades...unger blades tend to walk more

I had no problems. pulles the film up and used the lid of the huge film box as a table slid a thin piece of plywood under the film and a 72 in straight edge on top the film and cut my pieces then trimed them to size with my 60 in film handler. pulled gaskets where possibable and cut hardly anything....thanks for the input

Guest tintjam65
would a big olfa knife be better that the standard one for cutting thru

yes

or use a ceramic cutter from 44tools.com to precut b4 install

Archived