Point of sale software

does anyone have any good suggestions for some decent pos software? I don't need much, just some decent invoicing, customer database and some simply monthly reports.

Thanks in advance...

Edited by lostinbama

what part of it do you hate??? One suggestion may be to get your CPA to set it up and show you what you need to use. That way it will make their life easier when tax season rolls around and you won't hate it so much.

not trying to hijack thread but someone correct me if im wrong, I thought I read somewhere that you can link your bank account to QB and every debit is automatically entered in your books, for example if you go to walmart and spend $200 on office supplies how does it know to put that transaction under office supplies account ??. I have QB 2005 and I have to manually enter every receipt to keep the accounts on track, which version is capable of this?

Guest scottydosnntkno
QuickBooks

'nuff said

Maybe in all your infinite wisdom you missed the part where I said I hate quickbooks???

well you didn't mention that in your original post, so how was I supposed to know smart one?

not trying to hijack thread but someone correct me if im wrong, I thought I read somewhere that you can link your bank account to QB and every debit is automatically entered in your books, for example if you go to walmart and spend $200 on office supplies how does it know to put that transaction under office supplies account ??. I have QB 2005 and I have to manually enter every receipt to keep the accounts on track, which version is capable of this?

I know that at least QB 2009/10 does that, not sure about 05 though. You have to manually pick the accounts, but it imports the transactions. Kind of like when you make a deposit now, you can pick whether its sales, misc. income, etc, but the dollar value is there

Edited by scottydosnntkno

QuickBooks

'nuff said

Maybe in all your infinite wisdom you missed the part where I said I hate quickbooks???

well you didn't mention that in your original post, so how was I supposed to know smart one?

It's in the sub-title of my original post/thread. Like I said, maybe you missed it...

Off topic but is there any way to ignore a person on here? Maybe block from seeing their posts?

Off topic but is there any way to ignore a person on here? Maybe block from seeing their posts?

Yes, click on their name, then click 'view member profile', then pull down the options menu and select 'ignore user' at the top.

Yes, click on their name, then click 'view member profile', then pull down the options menu and select 'ignore user' at the top.

Guest scottydosnntkno
QuickBooks

'nuff said

It's in the sub-title of my original post/thread. Like I said, maybe you missed it...

:dunno yeah I missed that part. I never read the titles :beer