Help on 2007 X5

Tallen234

I am thinking about getting Formula One Pinnacle on my Dark Blue 2007 X5. I currently have the privacy glass on the back. I am hauling around our 4 month old in the back seat, so I was some good protection for him. Here is what I am thinking:

Pinnacle 35 for the front

Pinnacle 15 over the privacy glass in the rear.

So here are my questions:

Will the back windows look way too dark in comparison to the front, or will it blend ok? Should I just go with 35 in the back (over the privacy glass)? (heat rejection and glare rejection for the boy is more important than "looking cool", but I still want to be able to see out of the windows).

What should I do with the rear (hatchback) window? 35's or 15's. What is standard practice?

Anything else I should consider?

Thanks

what ever you put on the back is gonna achieve the UV and heat rejection you want for the baby. Due to the privacy glass, the glare is already low. %35 is a good choice, that way you can still see to back up. Follow your state laws on the front*.

Guest Darknesswithin

you have the dark privacy glass or slightly reflective from factory?

doing it light in the front and dark in the back and on Top of whats already there ,, Yes there's going to be a big difference in how it looks,,

although doing it like that is usually standard because customers like the privacy, I don't think it looks bad but it is a different look,,

most window films are going to provide 99% UV protection, so your covered there. what made you look at that film?? just asking

I would look around a little more before you made you final decision on purchasing a film for your X5, thats my :lol2

Guest tint325i

35% on rear and legal on the front, easy! unless you want it to look like a van, 15% over factory privacy will look really dark, if car was silver or white etc you'd get away with it but not on dark blues and blacks, why spoil a nice car

I think you are right, I am starting to come around on 35% all around.

I do have the privacy glass.

As to what film, I was thinking about using HO, but there is only one dealer who uses it and they are a car wash and I have had some questionable service issues there. So, it seems that Pinnacle was the "next best" based on my limited research.

What else would you recommend?

35% on rear and legal on the front, easy! unless you want it to look like a van, 15% over factory privacy will look really dark, if car was silver or white etc you'd get away with it but not on dark blues and blacks, why spoil a nice car

Guest Darknesswithin

if those 2 are your only options then you'll have to go with the one you feel more comfortable with,

depending on the type of privacy glass you have I would recommend you take a look at Hp Quantum or Galaxie from Solargard

check there site out to see if there are any dealers near you http://www.solargard.com/Default.aspx?Sect...US&State=AZ

either way you decide to go plz come back and tell us about your experience and post up a few pics as well :thumb good luck on your decision

I just found out that the HO installer only has the Huper Optik Drei and Stark (the install regular tint in the back window to improve radio reception, nav signals, etc.) and doesn't offer HO Ceramics.

I am leaning more toward the Pinnacle 35 all around (and over the privacy glass).

Archived