Wish me luck

Some of you know, I put my notice in last week. Thursday will be my last day at my current job. I'm moving on to a very nice, upscale tint shop and I'm very excited about it.

Anyways, the boss has brought in a young guy for me to "teach" till my notice is up. He wants the guy to be able to tint 2 doors on trucks by time I leave here. The guy is nice, but he's clueless. Bossman only hired him because he's friends with the guys mom.

I'm at my wits end, showing the guy over and over again the same thing. He just doesn't get it.

Any advice?

Thanks, I just needed to vent to someone that could understand :rollin

Just give it your honest best shot - which is all anyone can ever expect.

-Howard

That's what I'm doing. The best I can without wasting toouch time. In our down time he's been practicing on the shop truck. I truely hope it's just nerves and he's getting it...

I'm sure through the years you have trained many others. If the guy truely is not getting it, then you may want to level with the boss and tell him it is not in his best interest not to keep trying with him.

I would think WORST case scenario if the guy cant tint a 2 door truck by the end of his second day hes not gonna make it. just let your boss know the kid cant hack it and you have tried to your best at teaching him. it would be better to tell him way ahead of time than on the last day you work there.

Archived