I keep Scratching the Tint.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have to say you may be using to much preasure when hard carding the film. however if you are carding the film out dry these may not be scratches. it may be the edges of the card you are using burning onto the film lightly hit one of the scratches with some water and white scuff pad and see if it comes off. I personaly use the 3m silver cards myself and just alittle water and heat for hard carding my film out .

I would have to say you may be using to much preasure when hard carding the film. however if you are carding the film out dry these may not be scratches. it may be the edges of the card you are using burning onto the film lightly hit one of the scratches with some water and white scuff pad and see if it comes off. I personaly use the 3m silver cards myself and just alittle water and heat for hard carding my film out .

I think I was doing everything possible thing wrong lol, I was applying too much pressure, no towel, and dry. Thanks for the info, im learning something new everyday because of the GREAT people on this forum.

FBO

Thanks for everyones help. Ive been buying film from ebay, I know its cheap. Somehting like $63 shipped for 36"x100', but im only using this film to learn on my own cars and truck. I am getting better and better, and I am learning day after day Thanks to people like you on this forum.

bingo

like said above should only be using urethane squeegees to install yellow rubber / blue max or orange crush then your hard cards to finish up the edges and below the seal and I would cover those with a paper towel not only to protect from scratching but also to absorb the solution. goodluck

Guest GottaWearShades

You should always wrap a hard card except for chizlers when you're getting into tight spaces. Smoothies and turbos have a low enough durometer that you don't have to. However, it's good practice to swipe your turbo with a lint-free shop cloth (at least your hand or a swipe on your pants) before letting it touch the film.

Archived