What to know about Madcow?

Guest Sunlimited

Madico Southeast was great with percs....Steve Gross is a stand up guy, I did a couple cars for Bob Smar, got an awesome letter of recommendation from him....They always came through with a ton of tools and such....Never got a chizzler from madico up here though..... :rollin

As far as the film goes.....Love charcool, color stable, very easy to shrink, rarely have any issues with the film tacking, only downfall is the color match.....IMO I'd return the onyx before you open it......

Hey SSK, what ever happened to the black pearl....I used about 3 rolls down south than we had issues, it was pulled and never heard more.... :spit

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
onyx fades kinda quick in my environment and charcool looks to greenish IMHO ....

onyx isnt the best in color stability. the ch looks a lot like Johnsons. just my opinion. Hey I work for the distributor. I still got Llumar and suntek on my truck. ya like what ya like, but a good biz model and support goes a long way. Plus he got into madico for the software, and since I am his life line for anything he needs whether its support, pattern adjustments, help creating anything vinyl or custom tint graphics, I think he is in good hands. I hope the film serves him well. I can say as for him being a new FirstCut user I am gonna make sure he SOARS!!!

I was not slamming their film at all , just remember I've been tinting in FL for over 15yrs. . I know all mannys ups and downs :rollin and your rite about their commitment ! and about what a installer likes ....

I didnt take it wrong brotha!!! all good.

I got no clue Sun C, but Ill find out monday and let you know.

Onyx, nah send it back.

My last couple of rolls of Charcool will roll up after you peel the liner, you've been warned. Other than that, it's a very nice film to work with. Tacks up quick, but not too quick. You'll like it.

I wouldnt bother with Onyx, even though its a good film, it will fade purple after a few years. Use CharCool and Wincos. We do 30+ cars a week with Charcool and have little issues with it. I can only remember ONE time where there was trash in the film. Shrinks great, easy to handle (never had a curling issue as mentioned above), and although it does have a green hue to it...only you will notice it.

After using Charcool for 6-7 years, ive never had a come back for any film issues...NEVER.

Say what you want about Madico as a mfg, their films are really good quality wise.

Guest Mo Evo

Madico films are excellent to work with. Colorfast and they last...no surprises. I worked with both Onyx and Charcool. Strangely, for a metalized film, Onyx doesn't last all that well. The 20% looks really different color wise from the 5% and will fade and purple with time. Charcool is the bomb but is more green and doesn't match any factory tint but is otherwise a GREAT film. That being said, their customer service, at least here on the left coast leaves much to be desired and their pricing strategy is out of control. Tis why I left after 20 years with them.

Madico films are excellent to work with. Colorfast and they last...no surprises. I worked with both Onyx and Charcool. Strangely, for a metalized film, Onyx doesn't last all that well. The 20% looks really different color wise from the 5% and will fade and purple with time. Charcool is the bomb but is more green and doesn't match any factory tint but is otherwise a GREAT film. That being said, their customer service, at least here on the left coast leaves much to be desired and their pricing strategy is out of control. Tis why I left after 20 years with them.

:zzz Was there a pun intended?

Guest Mo Evo

:lol2 Was there a pun intended?

If you think there is, then sure!

So your saying the Huntington Beach office didnt do something for you? You loved the film but you left them for who?

Archived