Update on "Cash for Caulkers"

The House passed their bill and sent it to the Senate. The Senate voted on their own bill, not the one sent over to them. This bill is a combination of many things, but less than originally proposed, and it is tied into the oil spill bill.

I see more of replacement verses retrofit. You have outfits like this who are pushing very hard to have it passed. These groups are run by the window, insulation and HVAC industries. You will also notice, Lowe's, Home Depot and Sears belonging to this group. All of these companies do business as replacement, not retrofit. We are a retrofit industry making glass better. Something the glass industry does not like.

Of what I have read I can envision Lowe's, Sears, Home Depot and other national chains spearheading everything. We will see what happens in a few weeks.

Archived