• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll tell You one thing, His age, and the years of experience, and the years on job just don't add up. Whats His name, Scotty? Scotty was born in the Brewster Projects in Detroit Michigan. He's 22 and has had 47 succesful busineses. :spit

thats what I was thinking, they must have a team of mexicans schleppin out cars

:lol2 Thank You for calling IsThataBubble Window Tinting..... :lol2

halarious

Hello everyone I need some advice, and maybe you all can help. I have a guy I am interested in hiring, but I don't know what to pay him. He has been Tinting for the last 9 years, installing electronics for the last 6. He can pretty much do anything you want to a car. He has an impressive resume with references that I verified and got really good feedback on. He is asking for 35% or 22.00 hr, to do everything 45hrs a week. The question that I have is that to much money for a person with that type of background? Don't get me wrong the kid is only 27 yrs old and has done everything in this industry dealing with cars, and he is prior military? Confussed???????? :spit

Hey tint master.

I just left a job not to long ago where I did exactly what he is claiming to do. I have done 12v, tint, and custom fabrications since 95. I was making 20.00 per hour with 1/2 insurance paid.

I also worked at another shop doing the same thing for a short time and my commission was 30%

I think he is in the ball park, maybe a tid bit high, but depends on the area your in, work load, what you think of his abilities, reliable, and if your giving any benifits?

also, where is he working now and what type of coin is he making?

Well the thing is he is working for my competitor right now, and he works with another guy there. I know they do about 14 to 16 cars a day, and that normally includes about 4 full ppf installs a day. My competitor braggs about paying these guys 12.5% COMMISSION. I approached this guy and he gave me his resume, I asked him if he waas happy there and he said no. I have seen this guy in action, he can normally do 2 to 3 electronics installs and tint 4 cars in one day.

He says prior military, so that is a min of 4 year hitch and he has been tinting for 9 years at the age of 27?? So he started tinting at the same age he joined?

If you seen him in action and can confirm he is bangin out quality work, then he is worth it.

Maybe Do a probation period. Pay him 30% com. You will see what he can do real deal with that. after 90 days or somin, if he is a banger, and his work is acceptable, then offer him what you feel is fair in contrast with his request.

The kid grew up in a small town in MS, and was trained by his brother who has been doing window tint, electronics and Interiors for over 20yrs. I really want to hire someone that I can trust with the business, and he seems squared away. He actually ran a shop in TN for 3yrs and he had some impressive numbers to show for it. I dont want to hire him and not pay him enough, or pay to much. I can say that he is a really good window tinter, he can hand cut, and do bulk ppf without patterns. I just think I may have trouble with the comp if I hire him.

Check his references with the shop he ran.

And as for the competition, all is fair in love and war. Thats just biz. His employer has the ability to counter your offer. Everyone deserves the right to be happy. No one should have to wake up and drag there a$$ to a miserable job. Thats too much like slavery in my mind.

I'll tell You one thing, His age, and the years of experience, and the years on job just don't add up. Whats His name, Scotty? Scotty was born in the Brewster Projects in Detroit Michigan. He's 22 and has had 47 succesful busineses. :lol2

:spit:lol2

Get scotty to check him out!! :spit

he is easy to find, he is a lot like those guys in the "Car and Truck" clubs. Usually the guy with the coolest whip is 35 and still lives with his mom!

I thought the same thing as you guys did when he showed me his resume. I left no stone un turned while checking him out. I spoke with the owner of the shop that he ran, and the guy pretty much sent me a book on this guy. He included everything from training certificates to his own personal clientel list, which is really extensive. He also stated that someone stole this guy from him, and he wished he would have matched what the last person offered him. His client list was 70% military and a couple of well known entertainers. He even has photos of almost all of the cars he has touched since he started doing this full time. :lol2

I know they do about 14 to 16 cars a day, and that normally includes about 4 full ppf installs a day.....

Ok, so divide this by two......7 to 8 cars a day at the high side of 40 subway footlongs each, and two PPFs at 200 subway footlongs each a day. Thats a grand total of 520 subway footlongs a day. He's asking for LESS than $200 a day. If He's that good You would have already hired Him. :spit

BTW: Subway footlongs = $5 .... :lol2

Archived