2010 dodge caliber

coast2coasttinting

These cars are a bit of a pain if you remove dr panels anyways. however I did 1 yesterday and figured out you can get the gasket out by just removing the screw in the door handle and pull back the top of the panel letting you remove the gasket. Worked really well too because to completely remove the door panels on this car will take you about 45 mins to an hour. no matter how good you are. the window regulator is bolted thru holes that also hold the dr panel in place. all in all if you only pull the gaskets you can save yourself some time. Also did the front windshield of this car and it was pretty easy as far as windhsields go.

Guest mjw7800

im new to tinting and just gonna start doing some close friends cars

im getting ready to do a 2007 caliber

this is good info to know

but does the window frame seal come off?

i know the guy i always use to tint my cars pulls off the window seals on a hand full of my past cars

so im just wondering if the caliber can be pulled also,,since it may rather hard to tuck all the film around the boarder of the window,with all that rubber seal still in place

thanks mike

wasnt able to pull the window seal, just how did you get it out?

It's a t-15 or 20 torque bit in the handle and then pull the doorpanel out of the seal and back! Use a hook tool :boogie and pull the gasket out! The back doors are alittle tight getting them out but you'll figure it out! :thumb

It's a t-15 or 20 torque bit in the handle and then pull the doorpanel out of the seal and back! Use a hook tool :blink: and pull the gasket out! The back doors are alittle tight getting them out but you'll figure it out! :cold

:thumb, that's how I do them. I've never had to pull a panel yet to get the seals out but that I can think , they are the toughest to pull out

It's a t-15 or 20 torque bit in the handle and then pull the doorpanel out of the seal and back! Use a hook tool :twocents and pull the gasket out! The back doors are alittle tight getting them out but you'll figure it out! :hmmm

:beer Thats what I do. easy peezy japaneezy!

Yep the rear doors are tight but not too bad, pull hard in the middle. The panel will bend pretty far. The way I do Chrysler is put the whole piece in and tuck the sides in one swoop. I used to set the top and tuck the upper sides. Had problems with it wanting to crease on the sides. I bad to spend more time with a heat gun and a chiseler. Good luck

Archived