97 LS400, quick question

FBO

My friends mom has a 97 LS400, He asked me how much i would tint the entire car. Ive never done one, and to be honest with you this will be my 12th car to tint. How hard is the back window? If you can give me some tips and ideas, it would be a great help. Thanks.

if i remember right this car is a pain to do .They have a tight rubber moulding on the inside and the defrosters are real thick on the back so to cause air pockets that are a pain to get rid off. I would steel wool the rear and cut the doors real tight to the moulding .

:gasp I think I remember the mirror side edge being a pain, and I think there is a "button" on the top of the front windows that the film needs to be trimmed around slightly. Cut close to the dot matrix on the doors (I think these have it). Easy shrink for the back, but steel wool the shitake outta the def lines or you will be in for a world of frustration.

Doors: just cut the back like you usually do then bump it all the way to a 1/4 of the matrix line , cut the front edge, bump back, then trim a semi circle for the button. Tack, bump down and cut the top edge.

as for the BG. get inside the car and check it out real good. Study it like an SAT then attempt it.

How much to charge? The more the better.

When I was your age (in tinting years) I had a real hard time with this car. Especially the side windows. I say "hard time", to mean I had a hard time getting good results with minimal contamination, crinkles...

Back window has the thickest defroster lines ever... Not too bad on curvature.

For you, don't be cheap!!!

Oh, thats right, the back doors are tricky too. Its rounded at the back of the back door. I cant remember how I used to cut it, but listen to SSK and move the film. It make take a few tries on the doors...the bg really isnt that hard to shrink. If there is a sub on the rear deck (which I think it may only be the ES300's) all you have to do is pry it up with something and it will pop off.

Oh, thats right, the back doors are tricky too. Its rounded at the back of the back door. I cant remember how I used to cut it, but listen to SSK and move the film. It make take a few tries on the doors...the bg really isnt that hard to shrink. If there is a sub on the rear deck (which I think it may only be the ES300's) all you have to do is pry it up with something and it will pop off.

Depending on the stereo, Premium or Nakamichi, there is a sub right in front of the third brake light. Just remove the third brake light. On 1994 and older models this is a one piece(sub+brake light).

Happy trails!

Depending on the stereo, Premium or Nakamichi, there is a sub right in front of the third brake light. Just remove the third brake light. On 1994 and older models this is a one piece(sub+brake light).

Happy trails!

nice post. didnt know there was a Naka in any of these~~~

Archived