Opinions on location-population-rent

I am looking at a shop that has great location right along 4 lane highway on south edge of major city. Provision for sign on backside of building will be just like a billboard. Located in town of about 35,000. Rent is $1500/mo for brand new 2000 sq. ft. unit. Will be doing flat glass and automotive. No known tint shops in immediate area. Curious how this compares to successful tint shops on here.

Guest scottydosnntkno

location is only a small part of what drives a good business.

location is what is going to bring random people in your doors. Its then up to you to educate and sell them on your product, and provide a quality installation that will keep bringing them back.

YOU and your work are what makes your business successful, not your location.

location is what is going to bring random people in your doors. Its then up to you to educate and sell them on your product, and provide a quality installation that will keep bringing them back.

If you will read my post again I am not asking about just location. I guess I should have mentioned that I have been in business for 15 years and this will be a second location. Location has a LOT to do with how much rent you pay!

Guest MRRCGUY

If you will read my post again I am not asking about just location. I guess I should have mentioned that I have been in business for 15 years and this will be a second location. Location has a LOT to do with how much rent you pay!

Sounds about right to me. Having to "billboard" on the building is worth a great deal if the visibility is good. Cant get 2000 NEW sqft in my town thats for sure.

Archived