Broken Rear Wiper? Customer Says Yes

finishlineautosports

So yesterday I tinted a 09 Vibe, piece of cake car. On the back glass, I bent the wiper assembly at its designed point to pull back off the glass in order to slide tint under and cut to size etc...I noticed that it was VERY tight so I only pulled it off the glass MAYBE an inch if that. Finish tinting car and all is good.

Today he calls me and says his rear wiper fell right off the glass, not just the blade but the part that it attaches to. I told him to bring it by to take a look at it tomorrow.

Is there a trick to these or is it actually broke? He just picked up the car less than 2 weeks ago from a dealer so I wonder if I am the one who is going to get stuck with this?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude get a friggin wiper puller and do it right next time. If you bent it then you bent it back right? So you may have broke it.

With a wiper puller tool you just snapoff the plastic cover at the base of the wiper. Usually a 10mm 0r a 12mm nut to remove then you use the wiper removal tool. Then when you want to put it on you just tighten the nut to compress it back on.

Call the local junk yard in the AM and good luck on the outcome.

Guest maddtinter
Dude get a friggin wiper puller and do it right next time. If you bent it then you bent it back right? So you may have broke it.

With a wiper puller tool you just snapoff the plastic cover at the base of the wiper. Usually a 10mm 0r a 12mm nut to remove then you use the wiper removal tool. Then when you want to put it on you just tighten the nut to compress it back on.

Call the local junk yard in the AM and good luck on the outcome.

Wiper removal tool,never seen one.I use channel locks.

OK will do. I was not aware that I would need to undo a bolt in order to pull back the blade 1/2" to an inch of the window. So if I did break it, why was it not loose etc when I was done?

So you're saying that someone must remove a bolt in order to change their rear wiper blade?

Archived