New Cadillac CTS Wagon. Anybody done one yet?

mustangdroptop96

Hey fellas I have a Cadillac CTS wagon tomorrow and wanted to see if any of you have done one yet. I did a couple of the new CTS and STS and both were cake and I'm assuming these are gonna be the same but just didn't see any posts yet and wanted to know if theres anything to watch out for! Also I have a Jaguar S type tomorrow and saw a few posts on those, they sound pretty easy but I had a question a few of the guys said the side seals are rubber, do they pull out like most newer GMs or what? And that back window on those looks like hell, pretty straight forward shrink though? Thanks guys, I'll post some pix tomorrow

Hey fellas I have a Cadillac CTS wagon tomorrow and wanted to see if any of you have done one yet. I did a couple of the new CTS and STS and both were cake and I'm assuming these are gonna be the same but just didn't see any posts yet and wanted to know if theres anything to watch out for! Also I have a Jaguar S type tomorrow and saw a few posts on those, they sound pretty easy but I had a question a few of the guys said the side seals are rubber, do they pull out like most newer GMs or what? And that back window on those looks like hell, pretty straight forward shrink though? Thanks guys, I'll post some pix tomorrow

S-Type is an easy shrink but the rear deck can be pushed up against the glass making it tough sometimes.

cadillac.jpg here's a picture of the cadillac, came out awesome! Back window was similar to the ZX3 hatchbacks, piece of cake! Side windows were cake, I told the customer to drop it off for 2 1/2 hours, the hardest part was figuring out what to do with the extra hour and a half when i was done lol

jaguar.jpg and heres the Jaguar to in case you guys were wondering how that came out. I read a few posts about pushing the deck down, worked pretty good I only had a litlte bit of a problem where the pillar meets the glass on the edges, but with a little heat and some patience it worked out. You definately gotta take your time on this shrink though, next one I get the price is going up :beer

Archived