Against all odds

OMG..... I got a call late last week from my biggest trade account, asking if I could come in and discuss our account with them. This dealership is my bread and butter line, so you can imagine what it did to my nerves. They have payed us at a higher trade rate than the industry normal for the last 7 years and I know that many have undercut us to try and steal the account away, but this dealer has remained loyal. So over the weekend I reconciled myself to the fact that they were going to renegotiate our account...Lower :lol

Today I sat down with the owner of the dealership, his son, the dealer principal and the sales manager.... these four men on one side of the table and me on the opposite. I was sitting there thinking just get it over with and wondering how the owner can greet me with a kiss on the cheek when he knows he is about to tighten my belt.

So the meeting starts as I expect.... " We would like you to know that we appreciate the service and reliablity that you have always offered us. We have asked you here today because we would like to review the current billing structure.... we realise that everything increases in expense.....We are also aware that you haven't altered our prices in a very long time......" At this point the pauses are killing me and I am seriously think just do it. .......Well here is the kicker, imagine my :imok when they say "We would like to offer you a 10% increase" :imok

Archived