Advertising ideas

I saw that there was already a thread like this but it seemed to get a little off topic so i figured to start a new one to get fresh ideas.

Ad in newspaper---------Not even one phone call and a waste of $200.00

Article on business-----------TONS of phone call and landed a lot of sales. Most local newspapers will do this one time for free as long as you have not had a article with them before. The local newspaper actually like talking about new business or ones that have never been featured before.

Mass faxing--------Good amount of phone calls and its pretty much free. I typicall will look up all business websites in my area and they usually list there fax number,Also when i'm out and about and in a store i always grab a card which usually has the fax number. My fax list has about 1,000 numbers and i have had only 2 people ask me to remove them.

Mass E-mail------ little feedback. I have never purchased a list from someone but built it up over time from customers,friends, and family. This is nice cause a lot of times it gets forwarded on as long as you do not abuse it.

Facebook--------Nothing realy but that could be due to that i do not know how to realy use it to my advantage.

In my business i do Detailing,Window Tinting,Paintless Dent Removal and some other ods and ends but i have found a local hot dog stand that moves a lot of customers a day and traded him a complete detail for him letting me put flyers in his store. This has been huge but i keep it very professional as to supply a stand for the flyer and make sure i come have some food once a week to make sure they are not blown all over.

I also have a wrap on the back of my truck which works pretty well, Clean Trailblazer SS with tinted windows.http://www.performancedtl.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=107378994

Thanks

Doug

Guest sunlightsolutions

I had a different approach. I cut back on my YP ad and made sure I was found #1 online for local search results, plus I had a video created about my business and

the firm that created my video keeps it ranked high on the first page of google for me. so now when my future clients use the interenet to find 'glass tinting shops' in

our area, my website, google places ad , and video rank at the top. I get ALOT more business from that then the 'dying' yellow pages.

besides the firm showed me the stats of what people are doing now days to find local businesses. something like 87% of people now use the search engines.

Archived