Got a new vinyl cutter

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I was able to trade my 24" Lynx to a friend for his 48" Graphtec!!! He owns a tattoo shop and called me over to set up his cutter. He had two and one didn't work at all, but the Graphtec worked fine. He said he wanted the smaller one to work cause the 48" took up too much room and he never cuts anything but small stickers for his walk in customers. So I pitched it to him and he was all for it. My Lynx was about 5 years old and well taken care of. I'm not too sure how old this beast is but it only has a parallel port and a rs-232 port which my laptop doesn't work with. But I got a old desktop I wanted to use for strictly signs and tint anyways so I'm pretty excited. I've been wanting to start cutting my tint on the computer to speed things up around here but never did cause the 24" couldn't do back windows.

I think I'm going to sign up with Film Designs or First Cut and see how it goes. Do either of them offer a free 30 day trial or anything? I'm real picky about my work that leaves my shop and want patterns that fit

I was able to trade my 24" Lynx to a friend for his 48" Graphtec!!! He owns a tattoo shop and called me over to set up his cutter. He had two and one didn't work at all, but the Graphtec worked fine. He said he wanted the smaller one to work cause the 48" took up too much room and he never cuts anything but small stickers for his walk in customers. So I pitched it to him and he was all for it. My Lynx was about 5 years old and well taken care of. I'm not too sure how old this beast is but it only has a parallel port and a rs-232 port which my laptop doesn't work with. But I got a old desktop I wanted to use for strictly signs and tint anyways so I'm pretty excited. I've been wanting to start cutting my tint on the computer to speed things up around here but never did cause the 24" couldn't do back windows.

I think I'm going to sign up with Film Designs or First Cut and see how it goes. Do either of them offer a free 30 day trial or anything? I'm real picky about my work that leaves my shop and want patterns that fit

Dude, try out Tigerdirect.com You should be able to get a usb to serial cable that will allow you to work from your laptop just fine.

Shouldn't cost all that much either.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I got a parallel to usb cable and tried it with no success on two different laptops. I got the system going now with my old dell desktop I had sitting around. I wanted to use that one for signs and tint only anyways.

Archived