Does any body have any juicy gossip in regards to madico buying Sungar

Leo is all over this . Haha. No warranties on automotive in asia from what i understand . Asia is a ever growing market , just think of China. I know when I was there I saw sungard signs everywhere.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Leo is all over this . Haha. No warranties on automotive in asia from what i understand . Asia is a ever growing market , just think of China. I know when I was there I saw sungard signs everywhere.

No warranties - yeaaaaaaaaaa......

CHinese like to buy MADE IN EU or MADE IN USA.

Sometimes they don't know that it is domesitc :trustme

Guest filmfreak
Sungard has newer laminators, more current technology in their machines. Thats why Madico bought them. Could Madico have purchased new machines for less? Sure, but Madico has a problem with real estate. They dont have any expanding room for new machinery. It was cost effective for Madico to purchase the name with the machinery, and the facilities.

I have been told by Madico, nothing will change, with exception to better quality control of Madico films. They didnt mention much about the Sungard name other than film will still be sold under that name. Maybe Madico will phase out Sungard completely, I dunno, but Sungard certainly has a bad name so it wouldnt surprise me.

This is what I was told, that doesnt mean any is true. The only fact that I know is Madico has no room to expand in Woburn, MA. They are maxed out in space, so if they bought for the facilities, it makes sense to me.

Oldest machines I've every seen, 60" Faustel made in the 60's-70's, then a home made 72" coater from early 80's...current technology???

Sungard has newer laminators, more current technology in their machines. Thats why Madico bought them. Could Madico have purchased new machines for less? Sure, but Madico has a problem with real estate. They dont have any expanding room for new machinery. It was cost effective for Madico to purchase the name with the machinery, and the facilities.

I have been told by Madico, nothing will change, with exception to better quality control of Madico films. They didnt mention much about the Sungard name other than film will still be sold under that name. Maybe Madico will phase out Sungard completely, I dunno, but Sungard certainly has a bad name so it wouldnt surprise me.

This is what I was told, that doesnt mean any is true. The only fact that I know is Madico has no room to expand in Woburn, MA. They are maxed out in space, so if they bought for the facilities, it makes sense to me.

Oldest machines I've every seen, 60" Faustel made in the 60's-70's, then a home made 72" coater from early 80's...current technology???

Not Leo told that :dunno

filmfreak;

You are incorrect about the laminating lines at Solamatrix/Madico.

If you or anyone reading this is in the St. Petersburg area, I would be more than happy to give a tour of our facility. Just contact me directly at Bstewart@solamatrix.com.

Bill

Guest filmfreak

Hey Capt. Bill, sorry about the incorrect information. It's been several months since I was down there to Fla. to tour the factory and maybe I wrote the information down wrong. Please correct me...

filmfreak;

You are incorrect about the laminating lines at Solamatrix/Madico.

If you or anyone reading this is in the St. Petersburg area, I would be more than happy to give a tour of our facility. Just contact me directly at Bstewart@solamatrix.com.

Bill

Hi Bill, good to see ya on the board. I toured the factory way way back in the dark ages! Anyone down that way should take him up on the tour...... pretty cool to see it happening :dunno

Archived