suntek standard film

For years i was only using suntek for my automotive tinting. and over the past 2 years it just doesn't seem to hold up as well as it did when i first started using this film. Now i started using sentek film right when they came out. had great luck with all their lines of film. i mostly used the standard line because so many people in my area just want the job done as cheap as possible. For years i have been trying to change this low standard for tint work where i live. But as far as suntek goes i have quit using them unless i need something in a 72 inch roll. Here is a few pics of what suntek film use to be and i will add more pics of how long it lasts now the next time i have to redo a car i know was done by me in the last few years.

Keep in mind this car has never been in a garage a day of it's life. This is 7 year old suntek standard 20%.

coast2coasttinting004-4.jpg

coast2coasttinting007-1.jpg

coast2coasttinting005-3.jpg

coast2coasttinting001-4.jpg

coast2coasttinting002-4.jpg

now someone please tell me why this past year i have had to redo a few BG's on cars i've done less then 3 years ago. At first i figered people were just cleaning their windows with something they shouldn't have been. Is anyone else out here having this same trouble out of suntek films.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well what do u excect from a base line film? 2-3 years max on base films is all i would expect.

i understand that, my question is how come i am redoing film that is newer then the same film i installed 7 years ago. something had to change right. Well my sales rep at suntek promised me the film had not changed 1 bit.

are the SA/SR numbers the same, if they are not then they had to change something that would warrant a spec increase or decrease.

not real sure on the numbers i quit ordering suntek about six months ago. and switched back to using johnson for automotive. But i can tell something changed. I am just really wondering how many of you suntek user's out there are having this same trouble. Surly I am not the only one with this issue.

Standard only carries a 3yr warranty doesnt it :lol2 i wouldnt expect a whole lot from any manus cheapest line..with that said try standard pro,nice film with a lifetime warranty but it doesnt cover fading, little cheaper than the HP though..

Standard only carries a 3yr warranty doesnt it :imok i wouldnt expect a whole lot from any manus cheapest line..with that said try standard pro,nice film with a lifetime warranty but it doesnt cover fading, little cheaper than the HP though..

Standard only carries a 3yr warranty doesnt it :lol2 i wouldnt expect a whole lot from any manus cheapest line..with that said try standard pro,nice film with a lifetime warranty but it doesnt cover fading, little cheaper than the HP though..

Archived