Fiesta Visor

Guest kccartint

Guest kccartint

When doing a visor, brow or what ever you refer to it as be careful. The glass is very soft and the mirror is only glued in two small spots instead of the whole mount. Even with the tool you can end up with a mirror in your hand with a chunk of the windshield hanging off the end. The one I had this unfortunate incident on was a warranty but it can take up to a year to get a replacement. The dealer the car was purchase from didn't want to warranty it as well. Glass guy said it was common. The glass guy didn't even want to push the mirror down all the way on the new windshield for fear of breaking the new one.

I could have knocked this thing off with my clear max so just a warning. Easy car otherwise. :thumb

I don't do ford visors any more... last two f-250s i did... i separated the adjustable leg from the mirror... so i had the mirror in my hand and the mount was still on the windshield... and this one mirror had a back up camera... wasted my time and energy like you would not believe... so i figure go around or don't do em. lol

Guest jdstarman1

I'm an owner not an installer but the shop that tinted my visor in my 2011 Fiesta removed the mirror to tint the visor and afterweards I noticed some bubbling behind the mirror mount , about a week later I tried to adjust it and it fell off in my hands with a big chunk of the windshield with it , I took it to the dealer and ford turned the repair down but fortunately for me the service manager got the decision over riden and they got a new windshield and had it installed in a couple of days at no cost to me , I guess I was lucky since the tint shop said they didn't remove the mirror and tried to deny responsibility but it was obvious they did since there was just a whole big enough for the mount cut in the tint , they re-did it for free but they two pieced it to avoid removing the mirror this time and it looks good , The dealer said it's almost impossible to remove those mirrors without damaging the windshield .

Archived