Any installers here ever have arthroscopic knee surgery?

As some of you know , I went in for this procedure I talked about from another thread, but should have asked this a while ago here. The doctor cant really give me an answer to when I will be back to crawling in and out of back seats . I should have ask here if any tinters has had this done and how long it took to get back to full tilt ?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had my left knee done prior to the availability of arthroscopic. They pulled my knee cap back and shaved everything underneath. It took 30 stitches and three months to heal. It took five years before I could crawl in a vehicle without wincing.

My son and daughter has had arthroscopic and it took my son a couple of months to easily crawl into a car with window film.

they must have gave you some good pain pills, for you to post this in the window film / inventory section :beer

Oops maybe a mod can move it to general , I figure I might get more tinters that have had it done there. No pain killers ye. Had it done 8 hrs ago, I'm thinking the next couple of days I'll crack into them though :beer

Right knee in 02, posterior meniscus

09 ,Both knees at once. left medial mensicus, right posterior meniscus again(whatevers left) and got the shaving done also. Back to tinting in 7 days, but only flat glass and minimal ladder work for 2 weeks.

Back to cars in 30 days, but had to do Pt 4times a week and home exercise twice daily.

If you need to do rear windows, lay your longways across the back seat and twist your torso to squeegee out the window

However, if you had acl surgery , it will take about 6 weeks B4 ur crawling in the back again.

OH yeah, no showers for 5days, till the bandages come off..

d354625d.jpg

Thanks for responding TS. The is the kind of feedback I was looking for. The doctor doesn't understand the physical part of tinting bg of cars so he couldn't say how long, but he figured 4-6 weeks . I'm hoping to be able to do at least rollups in the next week or 2 and I'll either have to drag dad out of retirement otalk justin8 to come down from Peterborough :console

Hey, TW,

I gots a question.

Your in Canada, soooooo, how is your Government run healthcare system treating you anyways?

Is it really FREE? and are you getting enough attention from the caregivers?

Even with my medical insurance, I had to come out of pocket around 2000$ by the time the last ordeal was over.

Had to wait 2 hours to get 5 mins face time with my Dr.

Hey, TW,

I gots a question.

Your in Canada, soooooo, how is your Government run healthcare system treating you anyways?

Is it really FREE? and are you getting enough attention from the caregivers?

Even with my medical insurance, I had to come out of pocket around 2000$ by the time the last ordeal was over.

Had to wait 2 hours to get 5 mins face time with my Dr.

Didn't cost a dime. Physio is taken care of as much as needed too.

Archived