Any installers here ever have arthroscopic knee surgery?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest teamfutaba
As some of you know , I went in for this procedure I talked about from another thread, but should have asked this a while ago here. The doctor cant really give me an answer to when I will be back to crawling in and out of back seats . I should have ask here if any tinters has had this done and how long it took to get back to full tilt ?

the crash was in 1983, torn ligaments it the left knee. i hit mmi in 87'. 3 years between the two opperations, the first was with the scope. it lasted 6 months. i was a carpet layer back then. the second was a full reconstruction with cadaver transplant. new ligaments all the way around. i spent a total of 16 months in therapy. went from 185-190 lbs to 250 from sitting around all that time. to this day its hard to keep the weight off. the doc's gave me 8% permanent disability. crawling into cars and squating was no problem for many years. slowly it did take it's toll while climbing into back seats hurt and i had to use the roll around chairs for door's. i can still do cars but my installers wont let me so i just do the flat glass.

Sounds like you had a rough go DS 

I'm now 48 hrs later and gave stiffened up pretty good. I start Physio on Monday. Sucks to have to rely on family to shovel the driveway, run errands etc. Hope I get to independence soon. Could really use a good p/t tinter temporarily right now.

Thanks for responding TS. The is the kind of feedback I was looking for. The doctor doesn't understand the physical part of tinting bg of cars so he couldn't say how long, but he figured 4-6 weeks . I'm hoping to be able to do at least rollups in the next week or 2 and I'll either have to drag dad out of retirement otalk justin8 to come down from Peterborough :lol

Haven't been on here all weekend since I've been at the woman's place in Whitby (about 15 hours Sat refinishing her floors :| and that's not a sexual reference :lol ). I'm glad you're out of surgery and doing well. I'd be glad to offer my help if you need anything during your recovery or have something that needs to be done (bit of tint or whatever else... or beer :lol ). My work's fairly flexible this time of year so I'm always floating around. Joys of being self employed.

I was going to offer before but I forgot and then took off for the weekend, you've helped me out with questions and what not a ton as it is!

No need to call you yet, phone finally died off other than 2 front doors which I was able to do :nono

Thought I'd put in some time and go ice fishing while getting on the mend :cold

I do the sitting in the seat thing and turning at the torso to do rear windows. Sometimes I have to get on my left knee to reach way back on some of them windows. My right knee does'nt take it too well. I've had three knee surgeries. My last surgery I was back to work tinting three weeks and I used a ice pack that wraps like a knee brace most of the time while on my feet.

My last procedures done to my right knee was back in August/September where I did the "chicken shots" in my knee for three weeks in a row. Helped a lot and my knee has'nt bothered me since. I need knee replacement but dont have the months to take off for that one.

Hope you are doing well, been there done that! :beer

I no longer need a cane, I walk totally normal now, I have full range of motion but still can't put pressure on it when crouched meaning no doing bg window yet. On the upside, I've been doing lots of icefishing , used to do it years ago and forgot how much I enjoyed it. I take for granted I live 2 minutes away from a body of water that is considered one of THE best walleye fishing areas of all North America :poke

I'm gonna like retirement the day I hang up my olfa... But I don't want to b there yet.

Archived