Square credit card processing iPhone app

Those transactions fees much be out of sight with you calling them in. Unless you are doing one or two a month.

I have heard with the square if you charge thousands they hold money for an extended time. We use the Verifone swipers. Have the money within three days.

yeah I think they call it a non-qualified rate or something :twocents The only thing Im unsure of is when it says Is the card present? I just answer it truthfully but am wondering if I hit yes everyttime if maybe it'll be a cheaper rate??

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it is present click yes. If not click no. If there is any question about a transaction, they will bust your nuts if you do not answer correctly.

Oh by the way, make sure the credit card processor has your correct information down to your EIN number or social. If you process more than $600 for the year, the new law says they have to send you a 1099 at the end of the year. If the information is incorrect, the government says the processor has to retain up to 38% for withholdings. You can thank the health care bill for that.

Guest scottydosnntkno
Big no no

You really cannot charge people to process credit cards. Read your contract

You can however offer a discount for cash

I do see that that is a no no...I will in the future not charge a surcharge, and take your advice with the discount. :lol

:lol

Archived