Over 40 yr old auto f/t tinters

43 and working alone...doing it all still. I don't have to take meds or anything unless I have an injury from sports on the weekends. Whenever I am asked, though, how long I have been doing this...my response is.. "too long"...especially if it's a coupe I am working on. :coffee

Coming up on my 44th birthday and have had lowerback pain, tennis elbow and burn-out but honestly nothing I'd rather be doin'! Life is good!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too hands on to turn over the reins. Body is bitching lately tho........ Knees and wicked tennis elbo :mad

:D

How long with the tennis elbow? It's been a REAL problem for me the last 8-10 months :uh

I've been struggling with tennis elbow for about a month or so is all, but my knees..... more than a year. PPF is a real douche for about 2 days after!

Still love doing what I do, and will plug away as long as I'm able to pour myself outa the bed.....

:thumb

You use ramps to lift the front of the car?

Guest dumplin

I'm 41 be 42 in a month or so , still rely on the ibu and stretches every vehicle I do ! Just me. myself and I in my shop , only tint part time now ! Got to love a full time job , work as a Sgt. in corrections at our county jail . Every now and then need something a lil' stronger than otc , thank god for good insurance . I still love doing window tint and making the customer happy ! Seeing a 2nd. or 3rd. generation customer walk out with a smile is still all the motivation I need to keep going in this ever changing field is enough for me ! My joints , hands and elbows don't agree sometimes .

41 here, right shoulder shot, entire back has degenerative discs, right elbow feels like my arm is gonna fall off...

I use gloucosumine and magnesium. Have to get steroid shots a few times a year, acupuncture as often as possible and constant pain management...

Still kickin it, in and out and up and down through cars all day everyday. Sometimes I get a break, doing some graphics or something in the office....

Looks like I'm nOT alone with the aches of repetitive job wear and tear :thumb

Be this a lesson for the 20 yr olds starting up and charging next to nothing for your work. 20 yrs goes by in a blink, charge accordingly because you will need more money than just for beer and pizza down the road.

Archived