Over 40 yr old auto f/t tinters

Too hands on to turn over the reins. Body is bitching lately tho........ Knees and wicked tennis elbo :blink:

:money

How long with the tennis elbow? It's been a REAL problem for me the last 8-10 months :money

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TW I'm feeling for you :twocents After 40 it's all fix and patch with the body :blink: I'm hitting 59 this year and just wish I felt as good as I did when I was in my 40's. Glad I don't have to tint F/T everyday cause I would be hurting for :money

Now days when I drop a tool on the floor I have to make a decision if it is worth bending all the way down to the floor or just getting another one :beer

:spit that's funny. :lol

I'm looking at Stan's quote and wondering if I'm looking into a crystal ball at my future :gasp

(This isn't a bad thing :lol) I've sseriously started to consider training as an option down the road.. Stan if you ever thought of having a Canadian chapter to your branding, let me know :DD

Something kinda cool to see though is that my dad is still doing residential tinting and he's 63 this year :twocents That might be a direction but dayum I seriously wonder at what age you stop slinging in and out of 2 door coups at f/t ?

I was just thinking of this as I was crawling out of my last car of the day :lol

How many members here are over 40 and still do the tinting themselves full time ? Not behind the desk watching the younger guys do it, not just running the tint shop , not tinting along with other accessories not "used to , have other job now but still do it p/t... just tinting auto f/t themselves over 40 ? Just curious :)

I am 44 and have been tinting since I was sixteen. I do ALL the tinting, removal, sweeping, take out the garbage, clean the office, scrub the toilet, clean the kitchen, wash the drive and floor down, run the credit cards and take the good ole cash ola every day. Day in.......day out. In the summer time my daughter helps out.

All day every day. Start the mornings with 4 220 Advil and a thermos full of coffee.

I enjoy the coffee too but do the advil before bedtime.

hmmm I wonder when they are going to make a coffee brew with the Advil in it????? :lol

NOW THAT'S A THOUGHT! :lol

Too hands on to turn over the reins. Body is bitching lately tho........ Knees and wicked tennis elbo :mad

:gasp

TW I'm feeling for you :twocents After 40 it's all fix and patch with the body :blink: I'm hitting 59 this year and just wish I felt as good as I did when I was in my 40's. Glad I don't have to tint F/T everyday cause I would be hurting for :money

Now days when I drop a tool on the floor I have to make a decision if it is worth bending all the way down to the floor or just getting another one :lol

INVEST IN ONE OF THOSE PICKY UPPY THINGIES STAN!!! I have one I use instead of bending over all the time. :DD

Consider my ass fully kicked.

ok......YOUR OLD!!! :lol2

Too hands on to turn over the reins. Body is bitching lately tho........ Knees and wicked tennis elbo :mad

:beer

You might look into going to a Massage points therapist. The tennis elbow is knotted up muscles from over usage. I know from experience and the massage point therapist has got mine to stop hurting and I dealt with it for two years! Now NO PAIN!! :spit

How long with the tennis elbow? It's been a REAL problem for me the last 8-10 months :uh

SEE THE ABOVE POST........ :lol

I'm 45 still kicking butt... faster than most doing it every day...with computercut my employee that never takes a break .

I am 44 and have been tinting since I was sixteen. I do ALL the tinting, removal, sweeping, take out the garbage, clean the office, scrub the toilet, clean the kitchen, wash the drive and floor down, run the credit cards and take the good ole cash ola every day. Day in.......day out. In the summer time my daughter helps out.

These 2 posts resemble me :blink: :twocents

Too hands on to turn over the reins. Body is bitching lately tho........ Knees and wicked tennis elbo :blink:

:twocents

How long with the tennis elbow? It's been a REAL problem for me the last 8-10 months :money

Ill be 50 in april, still slangin papa all by my lonesome

I went through a bout of tennis elbow about a 2 years ago. I was complaining to an old wise woman and she said take 2 400 iu of vitamin e and 2 400 iu of lethicin every day. I did and the pain subsided a little every week and went away after 2 months. It also helped my bad knee but not completely.

Do we get a old fart medal TW?

Archived