looking for steamer for ppf?

Guest shadeking

I've used both Jiffy and a cheaper alternative which has lasted a good 3yrs so far. The jiffy just splat out way too much steam for me (felt like I was taking a steam bath sometimes). I like the cheaper one overall. Works fast too!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vic3d
:thumb No idea man Mine works great. sorry You didn't have the same luck.

How do you use it? I tried peeling the corner off and then grabbing it and pulling the film, and as I'm doing this im heating with the steamer under the film where the film's peeling... Do you use the cone tip? (the one shown in the pic)

:dunno No idea man Mine works great. sorry You didn't have the same luck.

How do you use it? I tried peeling the corner off and then grabbing it and pulling the film, and as I'm doing this im heating with the steamer under the film where the film's peeling... Do you use the cone tip? (the one shown in the pic)

yeah I heat the top corner for a few seconds. then i peel what i have heated back off the window. Then i start working the steamer from side to side heating the area that I am pulling off. too hot will leave glue and not hot enough will leave glue. But somehow I get a piece started and work the film right off the window. Rarely do I leave much glue at all.Must be the way I hold my mouth when i do it. :dunno

Guest vic3d

OK so I gave the steamer another try recently and I noticed that it does work on some films. But I also discovered a product called Goof-off which almost instantly dissolves any glue residue and you just simply scrape it off with a 4 inch blade or single edge blade. Much faster than using the steamer.

Archived