F150 Windshield

Kelley97

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just saying that the mirror is NOT designed to come off that way......

If you can carefully make it happen.... cool.... more power to ya.... :bingo

to be fair it really doesn't matter if you damage the windshield during mirror removal on a replacement :D

I had a chunk of glass come off with the mirror also one time. I will never remove one of those again. The techs at Ford told me even with the Ford tool it is risky. I pretty much talk everyone out of a front strip anyway as they are a colossal waste of my time. Now doing a whole w/s is worth it but on these trucks I would make them get the mirror removed first before I touch it

hey kelly sorry to hear about that....ive bought 3...2 f150 and a mustang. stay awayfromt them aswell.....the last one i broke i used one of the tools for removing them.....now i just say no....or do a slice above the tab and wrap it around but thats only of the customer keeps saying he wants one...i hate to do the slice cause you can see it if you know its there....

Guest spfwindowtinting

They are very hard to get off, But with that equalizer tool it can be done. I think I got mine from 44tools. It is a must have. You have to take your time with them. The clamps are very very tight. position your self under the mirror to be able to see it better and lightly pry while bumping up lightly and it will pop off. I have taken 30+ off and it still takes me 15 minutes a mirror.

Archived