F150 Windshield

Kelley97

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use a small snap on hook pic to remove them. For the other type like the new escape, I use a straight pic and pry inbetween the tab and mirror base. Never a problem. Now that I said that, I'll most likely break the next one.

My saying is no screw or twist = no brow. For what you make on a brow its not worth it to me, I tell them to go have a glass shop take it off. One guy couldn't find anyone to do it on his Edge without him accepting liability if it breaks.

Guest tint14u

I use a blade from a cold knife used to cut winsheilds out slide that between the bracket and mirror and tap it off.

that tool does NOT work on the ford mirrors...or if it does then I am not able to make it go. That removed other ones but not the ford ones that I believe were being discussed here....

FWIW, I was told by a glass guy that has been in the business longer than I have been alive, "Ryker, you can't take those mirrors off!" when he was replacing the LAST one I broke.... I talked to another glass shop a bit later when I had on at their shop and they called someone else to see what that shop used...they said "cat's claw" and we tried that too without a desired removal of the mirror...

Just cut around it!

If i have a mirror like that in the way i now tell ppl if they want a strip they need to go to their ford dealer and get them to take off the mirror and put it back on after i put a strip on it..not worth my risk anymore thats for sure..

Archived