F150 Windshield

Kelley97

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest filmslayer
that tool does NOT work on the ford mirrors...or if it does then I am not able to make it go. That removed other ones but not the ford ones that I believe were being discussed here....

FWIW, I was told by a glass guy that has been in the business longer than I have been alive, "Ryker, you can't take those mirrors off!" when he was replacing the LAST one I broke.... I talked to another glass shop a bit later when I had on at their shop and they called someone else to see what that shop used...they said "cat's claw" and we tried that too without a desired removal of the mirror...

Just cut around it!

HPIM0979.jpg

that tool does NOT work on the ford mirrors...or if it does then I am not able to make it go. That removed other ones but not the ford ones that I believe were being discussed here....

FWIW, I was told by a glass guy that has been in the business longer than I have been alive, "Ryker, you can't take those mirrors off!" when he was replacing the LAST one I broke.... I talked to another glass shop a bit later when I had on at their shop and they called someone else to see what that shop used...they said "cat's claw" and we tried that too without a desired removal of the mirror...

Just cut around it!

HPIM0979.jpg

i would still use a piece of abs and make a pad to displace the pressure of the tool...mine is cut like a "U" and it slides around the mirror so when i use the tool and abs it changes the pressure point

Just cut around it!

HPIM0979.jpg

i would still use a piece of abs and make a pad to displace the pressure of the tool...mine is cut like a "U" and it slides around the mirror so when i use the tool and abs it changes the pressure point

ive seen the piece u made to use with this. its probably one of the best tips ive seen on here in a long time. i havent made mine yet

Just cut around it!

HPIM0979.jpg

This is the tool, but you can't pry the mirror off like some people think. You use that to compress the spring inside a little then slide it up. there are 2 little teeth abotu 1mm tall that lock it in to place. Pry it just enough to allow the little teeth to pass the bracket and you are set.

that "gentle" pry and a bit of tapping is what brought the two mirrors off with glass attached to the button. Was not prying hard nor was I tapping hard.

I was using a small allen wrench and had a hard card between it and the glass. The glass just popped off with the button...

Very little pressure and very light taps! I say that if you have not had one of these mirrors break off then it is simply a matter of time....

HPIM0979.jpg

That's not it... That one will break glass also.....

I don't understand why everyone keeps trying to dick around with all these contraptions and don't just go to FORD and buy the appropriate tool :dunno:lol

Archived