Plotter Settings

Guest scottydosnntkno
the strip looks good, plotter has not had much use.

i did some reading in the manual and i think my problem is i am not using the Pre Feed function, is this mandatory?

i went and pre-fed 7ft back and forth and it seemed to track pretty straight.

would media flanges help?

Thanks.

Dustin

They might, but is the film wound tight on the roll? I have a fc7000 (well, q100-60, same thing) and don't have any problems with the material (tint, vinyl, ppf) walking on me. I use 18-10-4 for everything, and have different blade holders with different blades/depths for the different materials that I just swap out. I use high on the pinch rollers. Try only using two rollers one on each side of the material without one in the middle. I found that unless its a 48" piece of material its fine without using three.

If you still have problems, try using two rollers on the big grit wheel on the right, one on each side, and the third on the other edge of the material.

i did some reading in the manual and i think my problem is i am not using the Pre Feed function, is this mandatory?

Thanks.

Dustin

They might, but is the film wound tight on the roll? I have a fc7000 (well, q100-60, same thing) and don't have any problems with the material (tint, vinyl, ppf) walking on me. I use 18-10-4 for everything, and have different blade holders with different blades/depths for the different materials that I just swap out. I use high on the pinch rollers. Try only using two rollers one on each side of the material without one in the middle. I found that unless its a 48" piece of material its fine without using three.

If you still have problems, try using two rollers on the big grit wheel on the right, one on each side, and the third on the other edge of the material.

i am only using two rollers right now(one on each side) and yes the media is wound tight, really wondering what i must be doing wrong, i think i just have to be more careful loading it straight on the media rollers.

Guest scottydosnntkno

Thanks.

Dustin

i am only using two rollers right now(one on each side) and yes the media is wound tight, really wondering what i must be doing wrong, i think i just have to be more careful loading it straight on the media rollers.

thats a big thing.

instead of doing the prefeed, just hold down the down arrow and the next button and it'll move the material at the speed you have it set (5,10,15ips, etc) instead of the slow crawl. Not sure if you knew that yet. Just run off 5' or so and watch the edge against the pinch roller to see if it walks at all.

I like to line the edge of the film right up to the edge of the pinch roller with less than 1/16" of material past the roller. This allows you to see if its walking, as well as the maximize the cutting area you can use. Then go in the settings and offset the cut area to +.4" and you can cut almost to the edge of the roll, no more 21" cutting on a 24" roll of vinyl.

Thanks.

Dustin

thats a big thing.

instead of doing the prefeed, just hold down the down arrow and the next button and it'll move the material at the speed you have it set (5,10,15ips, etc) instead of the slow crawl. Not sure if you knew that yet. Just run off 5' or so and watch the edge against the pinch roller to see if it walks at all.

I like to line the edge of the film right up to the edge of the pinch roller with less than 1/16" of material past the roller. This allows you to see if its walking, as well as the maximize the cutting area you can use. Then go in the settings and offset the cut area to +.4" and you can cut almost to the edge of the roll, no more 21" cutting on a 24" roll of vinyl.

oh man, your a savior, i was ready to chew my fingers off with how slow it would feed through when pressing the arrow, i searched through the manual but could not find anywhere to change the speed except to the "normal" i already have it set at instead of "slow"(cant believe it could go any slower! haha) now i can feed at fast speeds yey!

anyways i think my problem before was just improper loading, i cut off sheets and sheets of stickers today i am selling for a local thing and it tracked fine off a 15" vinyl roll(50yds) now that i fed it through ahead and made sure it was lined up correct multiple times.

THANKS!

Dustin

Guest scottydosnntkno

haha no problem. I remember the first time I actually read the manual i saw that and was like YES that made my day

Archived