Plotter Settings

Thought this would be a good idea for the PPF guys to see what everyone's doing, i got my new to me FC7000-100 running pretty nice but just curious what settings everyone else is using for cutting, so far i have just cut 3M(Canadian)

SO whatcha all running for

Speed

Quality

Pressure

etc etc

Thanks.

Dustin

We have a FC7000 setting 20-10-4-0 - use same settings for nano, xpel, haartz, 3M and venture films.

Use 48-3-6-0 for XPEL headlight material. Remember you need to adjust the blade too. Always use the test mode.

well i am not sure how i had it on my first cut now that i look back at settings, but i tried to cut some more today and no go, seems to just barely leave a line on the film using the

settings, what am i doing wrong? maybe i need a new blade? i tried turning my blade out some more but it didn't seem to do much help either, i did crank the force up to 33 and that seemed to get it cut but not in the best way really.

anyone?

Thanks.

Dustin

well i am not sure how i had it on my first cut now that i look back at settings, but i tried to cut some more today and no go, seems to just barely leave a line on the film using the

settings, what am i doing wrong? maybe i need a new blade? i tried turning my blade out some more but it didn't seem to do much help either, i did crank the force up to 33 and that seemed to get it cut but not in the best way really.

anyone?

Thanks.

Dustin

what degree blade and film are you using?

well i got the cutting issues sorted(replaced the blade, cuts like a dream now!) other problem, i cant seem to get it to track straight on full kits, gets WAYYY off, luckily i am doing this on scrap PPF, i would hate to be burning through a real roll!

i have my rolls on high pressure settings, the roll is on the media rollers, is there something i am doing wrong? its 30" wide but i am only using about 20 wide of it for actual cuts.

Thanks.

Dustin

You probably just need a new teflon strip, if its cut through, its no good. You might have cut into it running your blade too low. Also, you will want the blade setting as light as possible to keep the film from walking off the plotter.

the strip looks good, plotter has not had much use.

i did some reading in the manual and i think my problem is i am not using the Pre Feed function, is this mandatory?

i went and pre-fed 7ft back and forth and it seemed to track pretty straight.

would media flanges help?

Thanks.

Dustin

Archived