2009 Malibu

finishlineautosports

Guest ridiculous
Just watch out for the bottom of the BG. A few I have done had some foam that got in the way. :lol2

i second that!!! that foam is always in the way for me! got glued up too high on the glass or something!

Yes I did see that foam sticking out like several had mentioned. When I cut the pattern on the outside, I just made my bottom cut EXACT along the bottom dots and when I was worried I would have that problem but it just fit in there. Then I was worried it would cause problems when I bulldozed it so I just used my titan along the bottom edge.

No problems!

I like the way newer chevy's and GM's have a 2 piece window molding. You can remove the inner molding around the rollup's without even removing the Door panel. I still remove most the door panel's as well. Just because it's so easy to take them off as well.

I have been turning out these newer chevy's in right around the 2 hour mark. Not rushing myself at all. Just a steady work pace. :thumb

That foam on the bottom of the backglass is a pita..im thinking of trying to cut it out on next malibu or pull the deck

This car is still way easier then the older malibu's of around the 2000 mark.

I remember spending a good hour and a half just doing the BG of those car's if you removed the back deck. Solid carpet deck touching the BG. Speaker's mounted through the carpet deck. That BG while easy to tint was a PITA. :beer

Archived