Changes to SG HP Smoke?

I noticed a few weeks into the new el-cheapo looking brown boxes that the film has changed also. The shrink-ability has really gone to hell. Kinda reminds me when perf. X-Slate changed to junk materials right before the company went bankrupt. Glad it's not my reputation behind this stuff going on people's cars.

I noticed a few weeks into the new el-cheapo looking brown boxes that the film has changed also. The shrink-ability has really gone to hell. Kinda reminds me when perf. X-Slate changed to junk materials right before the company went bankrupt. Glad it's not my reputation behind this stuff going on people's cars.

Sorry to hear you are having issues, are all shades having shrink issues or just one roll? Either way, call your rep and get a new one in don't mess around with a roll that is causing trouble.

Fear not, those brown boxes mean one thing... we are sticking to our claim as the green window film supplier, its part of our EPD (environmental product declaration). I've had mixed reviews on the boxes, I like them. Just as durable, just no bleaching to make them white now.

Just be sure to fill out those warranty cards, we don't require them to be mailed in we pay labor and materials on all warranties. We make a quality film and we stand behind it, feel free to call or email me if you have any concerns anytime :D

Sorry to hear you are having issues, are all shades having shrink issues or just one roll? Either way, call your rep and get a new one in don't mess around with a roll that is causing trouble.

Fear not, those brown boxes mean one thing... we are sticking to our claim as the green window film supplier, its part of our EPD (environmental product declaration). I've had mixed reviews on the boxes, I like them. Just as durable, just no bleaching to make them white now.

Just be sure to fill out those warranty cards, we don't require them to be mailed in we pay labor and materials on all warranties. We make a quality film and we stand behind it, feel free to call or email me if you have any concerns anytime :D

I noticed about 2 weeks in after getting the new boxes that the color of the film changed as well. I've been having problems with shrinking ever since regardless of shade. I have not seen anything with this film that would cause any concern as far as warranty issues go but as far as being installer friendly, it just went down the tubes.

I'd like to hear if anyone else is having the same issue with the new runs of smoke or if it's just me.

It makes it difficult to shrink when it's curling up and burning on the edges.

This one does have a decal under the tint but it doesn't make much difference, it has been doing this regardless.

0531111356.jpg

My personal opinion.

If the film is not acting how you think it should, send it back. We will get a call tag and send new film. In regards to color I'm also perplexed as this is not normal at all.

If possible PLEASE let us replace this film. Have you contacted your rep yet? If you would like I can help with this.

I'm not against posting on here to get other shops opinions but from a supplier stand point, we want to replace film if it is not performing as it should.

My personal opinion.

If the film is not acting how you think it should, send it back. We will get a call tag and send new film. In regards to color I'm also perplexed as this is not normal at all.

If possible PLEASE let us replace this film. Have you contacted your rep yet? If you would like I can help with this.

I'm not against posting on here to get other shops opinions but from a supplier stand point, we want to replace film if it is not performing as it should.

As far as color, I thought maybe there was an update to the film, it does have a nicer black look than it did before. :thumb

I"ll say something with management but this is over me. I personally use a different line of film for my business. I can tell you in the past that when I made comments about problems with Slate it was blown off. So most likely I'm just stuck with using what I get. I'd be happy to roll up a sample piece and send it to you for further investigation if you'd like.

My personal opinion.

As far as color, I thought maybe there was an update to the film, it does have a nicer black look than it did before. :thumb

I"ll say something with management but this is over me. I personally use a different line of film for my business. I can tell you in the past that when I made comments about problems with Slate it was blown off. So most likely I'm just stuck with using what I get. I'd be happy to roll up a sample piece and send it to you for further investigation if you'd like.

What exactly is happening that seems different in shrinking?

Archived