04 Infiniti G35 5 speed Viper 5309 Install

Guest DarksideAutoSolutions

Guest DarksideAutoSolutions

Ok, so I got this call from a customer asking if we could install a Viper 5301 in his g35. After we agreed to he told us that everyone else in town says that they've tried and can't do it. Called the other places and was informed that they couldn't catch a tach lead. So I called the customer back and told him that if that was the case then I wasn't interested in trying the 5301, but I had 5901 on the shelf collecting dust that I'd sell him for a little more if he was interested in it. I figured that since the 5901 has a virtual tach I would have no problem. So had the vehicle dropped off to find out that I didn't have the right bypass module on hand. Went to best buy to get one so I could get the customers car back to him when it was promised. The module I got had to be flashed and the manager was the only one who could do it and was gone for the night. So I went back the next morning and he attempted to reflash the module but couldn't because he had to have a sign-in name and password for the website they use. He said that they had never had to have one before. OK...w.e. So I asked if they had any other options on hand so I could get this thing out of the shop. Sold me an older Xpresskit module, which is fine with me as long as it works. But while I was talking to him, he said he had also recently tried to install a remote start in a g35 and had the same problem, so they tried one with a virtual tach and couldn't get it to register the voltage spike from the alt. So I bought the module and left. Called the cust and let him know what I had been told but informed him that I was still willing to attempt the install if he was ok with leaving the car with my while he went out of town. That was fine with him....so that's my story, any tips? I have never had an issue like this in the past, knock on wood, and I think the install will go ok....BUT, in the case that it doesn't work, any tips, hints, tricks, etc. would be GREAT!!! I feel this guy would be a great customer and send business my way if I can pull this one off. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ok, so I got this call from a customer asking if we could install a Viper 5301 in his g35. After we agreed to he told us that everyone else in town says that they've tried and can't do it. Called the other places and was informed that they couldn't catch a tach lead. So I called the customer back and told him that if that was the case then I wasn't interested in trying the 5301, but I had 5901 on the shelf collecting dust that I'd sell him for a little more if he was interested in it. I figured that since the 5901 has a virtual tach I would have no problem. So had the vehicle dropped off to find out that I didn't have the right bypass module on hand. Went to best buy to get one so I could get the customers car back to him when it was promised. The module I got had to be flashed and the manager was the only one who could do it and was gone for the night. So I went back the next morning and he attempted to reflash the module but couldn't because he had to have a sign-in name and password for the website they use. He said that they had never had to have one before. OK...w.e. So I asked if they had any other options on hand so I could get this thing out of the shop. Sold me an older Xpresskit module, which is fine with me as long as it works. But while I was talking to him, he said he had also recently tried to install a remote start in a g35 and had the same problem, so they tried one with a virtual tach and couldn't get it to register the voltage spike from the alt. So I bought the module and left. Called the cust and let him know what I had been told but informed him that I was still willing to attempt the install if he was ok with leaving the car with my while he went out of town. That was fine with him....so that's my story, any tips? I have never had an issue like this in the past, knock on wood, and I think the install will go ok....BUT, in the case that it doesn't work, any tips, hints, tricks, etc. would be GREAT!!! I feel this guy would be a great customer and send business my way if I can pull this one off. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Did it with the chip removed from the key. Worked great. Which xpresskit did you get? Xk07? If so did you get PKN3 v4.02 on it?

old topic i know but for the future. the 5301 should have virtual tach as well but there are other options such as voltage read which will work just fine. last resort would be to set the remote start to crank for a specified amount of time that will work in order to start the vehicle. could also have used a tach generator. there are also bypasses that will have a tach signal wire. if you are installing directed r/s or security and dont have a bitwritter than you are going to have head aches.

Archived