2 plotters

I have 2 plotters that are currently blue print use. (also they have been unused for a bit and will verify if they work)

Can these be converted to tint plotters?

HP Designjet 455CA

Roland GRX-300AR

Thanks!

Guest scottydosnntkno

no. Unless they have a blade insert for them, which i doubt.

"tint" plotters cut the material, they don't print on it.

Guest scottydosnntkno

Was a simple enough question to answer :dunno

Seeing as I have a "tint" plotter, and have been around large format printers/blue print machines for a while, seeing as I am studying architecture and have been for 8 years

I have seen articles online about converting HP pen plotters to blade machines :waving

My general operating idea is if I am going to make a living with it then buy the best tool for the job... :beer

I have seen articles online about converting HP pen plotters to blade machines :embar

My general operating idea is if I am going to make a living with it then buy the best tool for the job... :lol

AGREED! my trade is electrical and i buy the good tools. but also i adapt to what i have to have. just starting in the proffession and just like when i was an elect helper.

i had to buy tools i could afford at first. then got better. these 2 plotters are basically free to me if wanted. so i thought i would research first. before spending...

learned that lesson as well the hard way.

I have 2 plotters that are currently blue print use. (also they have been unused for a bit and will verify if they work)

Can these be converted to tint plotters?

HP Designjet 455CA

Roland GRX-300AR

Thanks!

Please do not listen to scoot...... :lol

photobucket-5662-1310499301301.jpg

K1, I am literally rebuilding this cutter as we speak...I am testing it by printing blue prints with it. You need to see if a roland XD-CH2 or 3 will fit in the pen holder. The GRX should hold this.

Scotty, how many times am I gonna have to say somin to you in regards to plotters

go draw a building or tint a windsheild :lol2

Its actually more like 10 years..... 4 years of college ..... 4 years of high school, and 7th/8th grade

:D Weren't You a 1st year Kollidge student, like, 8 months ago? :D

go draw a building or tint a windsheild....... :lol2

:lol2

Archived