Applying Film on Large window

Something I found myself doing for one recently completed job was to take the piece I was applying and to peel back just a bit off the top and tape the edges up (backing towards me) to the top trim of the window on either side of the window I was filming. Wet the window, pull the backing completely off, flip and apply. The job was about 1500 s/f, and was mostly sliders 44 x 78ish. Worked great every time.

Do you spray the whole film first before applying? or do you put it on dry?

:facepalm2

Guest fredstinting
I am an auto tinter and curious about doing flat glass. The pattern for cars are smaller and are easier to manage as we only need to tint top half, then bottom half. And we have peel boards which help us during our installation.

But with flat glass, the window are so big, what method do yo use to pull off the liner and applying it? Do you use the window itself as a peelboard? I would think u can get alot of contamination while spraying the film on the window as there are dust around the window frame dripping down. I know this is a very noob question but im very interested in knowing because I might start doing flat glass. Thanks.

i use the method of revers rolled film.it works great on big window will this methode i can do window 72" x94" by myself .

Archived