rear window, uneven reflections

kind of hard to explain. but i did my girlfreinds car the other day an '07 ford focus. and when i got finished i noticed at night that peoples lights behind me would reflect on each defroster line. is this caused by water stuck at each of the defroster lines? no smileys, but after a few weeks it is still doing this. could i lightly rub them with the water and steel wool to lower the profile of the lines before a job, so more water can be pushed out.

another thing to throw in there. i did an old carolla and the BG has somewhat of a metal spatter all over it. like a rusty, metal. tryed scraping it but left a residue. so i ended up not even wasting my time tryign to scrape between each heat strip and told the guy to get some rear window louvers, even with scraping thats not to say it would make the finish smooth enough to not have dots and bubbles when complete. anyone run into this problem?

Light refraction, there is a science behind it.

The film passes over a surface that is not entirely smooth. When light shines through that it is refracted thus causing the issue you noticed.

My advice, its normal pay attention to whats in front of you :lol2

refract3.jpg

Guest tint325i

7 years tinting experience but rear screen distortion and metal spatter are new to you? must have been tinting brand new cars with vertical rear screens for the last 7 years

The splatter was on an old POS. Never seen that before. Like i mentioned ive never had my own car to see the reflection afterwards.

Ive tinted off and on. When i was in high school i did allot of friends and family cars/ trucks. Then i realized how much i hated it and needed a job with benefits. Got some better training to make the job easier. Still do it off and on. Now im on since i tore my acl and out of work for a bit.

Archived