Johnson baby shampoo vs store brand

I've always bought the drug store brand as they're in the exact same bottle, so I figured they're the same. I have two tanks, and one ran out today, so I went and bought some shampoo. All that was available was the Johnson, so I spent the extra cash. I then tinted a new cherokee that had been sitting outside for a few hours in the 104 degree heat. I tinted one side with the Johnsons and had absolutely no problem. Then I tinted the other side with the drug store brand and instant bondage !!! After throwing a hissy fit, I tried again. same thing, instant bondage. I managed to position the tint after smacking the piss out of it, and applied it. There were ghost streaks everywhere. Then I used the Johnson tank and it was cake !!! Same mixture percentage and everything. Who else thinks the Johnson's shampoo has vastly superior slip?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was your mistake, you assumed it was the same and treated it that way. I found long ago that you mixed more with the generic compared to the real thing. You are not saving any money going cheap

That was your mistake, you assumed it was the same and treated it that way. I found long ago that you mixed more with the generic compared to the real thing. You are not saving any money going cheap

x2

Archived